Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Maintenance Technician I in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota manufacturing facility.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Maintenance Tech I working on the Facilities team, you will be trained to ensure that equipment and systems are maintained and adhere to cGMP standards and corporate safety policies. A typical day will include:
- This entry level position is responsible for performing daily checks and maintenance on facility equipment and systems.
- Principal duties and responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of plant utility systems under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor in a night shift environment.
- Performs corrective maintenance and routine preventative maintenance on facilities equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary. Completes work orders, logs and forms following cGMP documentation practices. Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including but not limited to, high pressure steam boilers; chillers; heating/cooling air handling units; process waste treatment systems; water purification system (water softening and carbon bed filtration, reverse osmosis equipment, continuous deionization equipment, sanitary pumps, multi-effect distillation equipment); tank mixers; air compressors and dryers; and chilled water distribution systems.
- Responds to service calls and conducts repairs throughout the facility.
- Will be assigned to a night-shift position in support of 24/7 plant operations that will include weekend work.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Must have a HS Diploma and be willing to obtain a two-year certificate in a technical field such as HVAC, building trades or building utilities program. Takeda offers tuition reimbursement for technical training and will support your career development.
- Must have good customer service skills, a willingness to learn, and promote a teamwork environment
- No previous maintenance experience required, but some mechanical aptitude is preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain a State of Minnesota, Special Engineer License.
- Needs to be mobile with the ability to move throughout the facility as dictated by the essential functions and responsibilities of the position
- Will be required to work in a clean room environment and wear special garments.
- Daily routine will also require personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
To further support and inspire our employees, our benefits include:
- Company-paid volunteer days
- Company match of charitable contributions
- 401(k) with company match, and annual retirement contribution plan
- Adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement program
Empowering Our People to Shine
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN