Lead Data Librarian
Data Science Institute
Data Architecture & Knowledge Transformation
Reports To (Position Title):
Sr. Director Content Management & Delivery
OBJECTIVES: (Briefly summarise the overall purpose of the position. Objectives should
be written in 3 4 bulleted statements).
This role will be a key contributor to establishing a self-service data environment for data scientists and data analysts by:
- Drive the progression of Takeda s R&D data catalog from strategic vision to initial implementation. Leverage technical and project management expertise to establish a bridge between technology and operational execution
- Serve as a champion for R&D data governance activities to ensure data assets are appropriately controlled yet readily accessible, well documented and qualified.
- In Takeda s federated data governance model, serve as a consultant and key strategist in developing and implementing a data steward council to create a culture of end-to-end data quality, compliance and usability by informing and influencing functional data stewards and cross-functional business data owners on data governance best practices and techniques.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Describe the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. Include only the essential functions of the job. Approximately 5 10 bulleted task statements should be identified).
- Drive the strategic direction and lead the initial development of Takeda s R&D data catalogue. Establish baseline best practices for data cataloguing, tagging, lineage, and other relevant content management activities.
- Influence functional data steward activities and serve as a consultant in development of common data definitions, data quality metrics, and data usage/security policies
- Lead and influence the establishment of agreed upon data standards for transactional data to enhance downstream analytics and reporting. By extension, this will include regular interactions with external partners, such as CROs
- Support big data analytics, and data scientist activities, by streamlining the process of sourcing, organizing, and accelerating data for analysis
- Partner with IT to ensure data management tools are meeting core Data Science needs, especially in the areas of data access controls, privacy and security
- Lead data steward and governance responsibilities for asset, trial, investigator, and other core MDM entities, including data definition setting, quality management, and data exchange and connectivity capabilities.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
NUMBER SUPERVISED WORKERS
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: (List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Management, Informatics, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent
- 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in pharma or healthcare industries. 3+ years of experience working with data standards, data management, or information management.
- Familiarity with data governance, data cataloguing, or data management tools, e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Waterline Data.
- Solid understanding of industry standards such as CDISC, OMOP, HL7 and awareness of scientific ontology dictionaries
- Excellent project management and business analyst skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills