Finance Manager R&D, Administration & Consolidation
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Finance Manager - R&D, Administration & Consolidation in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Finance Manager - R&D, Administration & Consolidation, working on the Financial Planning and Analysis, Shared Services team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
Leads the financial planning processes for assigned Business Partnering Functions (i.e. R&D & Medical Scientific Affairs, General & Administration, as well as US Shared Services & Facilities). Key planning cycles include Annual Plan, MYC, Feb LBE, MRP and LRF.
Works closely with assigned Business Partnering Functions to understand their business requirements to support their development of well-reasoned budgets.
Provides insights to functions and to Director of FP&A on budget risks and opportunities based on understanding of actual financial results and partnering with business.
Prepares US Business Unit consolidation for Key Planning cycles and monthly Actual Results.
Performs routine month end close activities, including the preparation and posting of journal entries and completion of balance sheet reconciliations. Responsible for communicating financial results to Business Partners and preparing month end reports for Corporate HQ office in Japan.
Planning & Analsyis
- Manages the development of budget components (function-level, product-level, etc.) assigned. Reviews cost-center level proposals with direct reports and senior management of other functions to facilitate ultimate submission. Instructs design of submission documents to clearly convey budget requests.
- Provides guidance and financial business partnership to senior and other function-level management.
- Ensures expense forecasts are updated on regular basis throughout the year, including running sensitivity analysis on existing and anticipated R&D Phase IV studies. Escalates critical issues to management.
- Consolidates the US Business Unit Budgets for Key Planning Cycles and Leads the Technical data submission to Corporate HQ.
Month End Close Monthly Reporting
- Provides monthly close financial support to assigned functions.
- Prepares required Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Responds to inquiries from External and Internal Auditors.
- Provides monthly budget to actual variances and trend reports to various function heads, including insightful commentary as to key drivers of variances.
- Prepares US Business Unit Consolidated Actual Results and verifies the accuracy of submission results to Corporate HQ office in Japan.
- Prepares Schedules in Monthly US Business Unit CEO & CFO Highlight Deck.
Other Finance Initiatives:
- Drives the development of assigned functional budgets under Cost Package guidelines; including the coaching of functions on OPEX operational processes.
- Monitors and reports assigned functional budgets against USBU Opex Initiatives.
- Rolls-out global program messages and tools to assigned functional budget owners.
Education & Experience - Required:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting, including well-rounded coursework in other disciplines.
- At least 8 years of overall business experience, including previous roles in financial planning and analysis.
Education & Experience Desired:
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or healthcare setting.
- Communication ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, including running meetings and preparing presentations for customer groups.
- Analytical ability to analyze monthly financial results and ROI outputs and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business.
- Management ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Customer Service Orientation ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Teamwork ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact.
- Strong computer software skills (SAP, Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
CPA, strongly desired
Minimal: Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites limited overnight.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.