Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director Finance & Controlling IT Transformation Office in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director Finance & Controlling working in the IT Transformation Office team, a typical day will include:
This position leads financial controlling for IT Transformation Office, to plan, model, and develop accurate and timely financial information to stimulate and support business decision-making in line with IT Strategy and Global OPEX Program, and in compliance with external accounting and tax regulations. This position will also liaison with the corporate controlling functions of Takeda.
Responsible for development of financial business processes and overall project management to meet the TMO s organization s need for high quality, timely and relevant financial plans and subsequent periodic and ad hoc analysis of performance.
Drive creation of shareholder value by supporting and challenging business functions in an active, transparent and constructive manner as well as develop a library of tools to enable financially-based decision support.
- Provide financial guidance and business partnership to senior and other function-level management relating to Transformation Office Activities.
- Assume leadership role in fostering the Takeda culture in department including employee development, teambuilding, and responsiveness to employee issues and concerns
- Serve as a change agent and tactfully present unpopular ideas and messages when necessary.
- Manage and lead the creation of all Transformation Office financial planning deliverables as well provide overall project management leadership.
- Leads the annual Transformation Office financial planning process.
- Leads financial partnerships with key within IT and other Takeda BU s
- Defines and anticipates problems/opportunities and proposes solutions/plans of action along with relevant information to key decision makers
- Develop and continually assess and improve planning business process & tools
- Build consensus with Executive staff on the key messages, format and specific content for Plan and Update Presentations. Communicate finalized content to business functions.
- Lead the development of budget components (function-level, product-level, etc.) assigned. Review cost-center level proposals with senior management of other functions to facilitate ultimate submission. Instruct design of submission documents to clearly convey budget requests.
- Ensure Opex forecasts are updated on a regular basis throughout the year, through cross-functional coordination.
- Foster a mindset of constant cost optimization (Volume as well as unit price of conducted activities)
- Prepare and review management commentaries on operational results for senior management and parent company, as requested.
- Strategically works with functional Transformation Office Lead and Chief Digital Officer
- Interface with audit external partners /auditors
General Business & Investment Analysis
- Responsible for creation library of financial/quantitative tools to enable financially-based decision support.
- Development of business cases supporting of investment proposals. Analyses may include items such as:
- General business proposals
- Capital spending
- Insource/outsource analysis
- Compensation plans
- Other cost/benefit analysis
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting, including well-rounded coursework in other disciplines.
- At least 10 years of overall business experience, with a minimum of 5 years in financial planning and analysis roles.
- At least 2 years of people management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact in previous leadership roles.
- Internationally mobile for future assignments within the company
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education & Experience Desired:
- MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical or healthcare setting.
Some international travel may be required.