Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manufacturing Associate I in our Brooklyn Park, MN office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manufacturing Associate I working on the Biologics Manufacturing team, you will be empowered to use your GMP experience to improve process operations, and a typical day will include:
- The Manufacturing Associate performs and documents cGMP activities to support upstream and downstream production areas and operations . This involves operation of process equipment, execution of validation protocols, completion of cGMP documents, creating/ revising cGMP documents and other assignments as directed.
- Performs Processing Steps and/or Manufacturing Support activities, monitoring process against the batch record, SLR and control system.
- Documents/Records cGMP data and information for processing steps and/or equipment activities, following standard operating procedures. Key documentation includes batch records, SLRs, and equipment logbooks.
- Completes /reviews validation protocols, deviation reports, change controls in accordance with cGMP s
- Performs the weighing, dispensing of raw materials for media and buffers
- Performs the preparation of small and large volume media and buffer solutions, filtration and transfer of product.
- Operates bench top equipment including pH, conductivity, osmo meters, pumps, tubing welders , filter integrity testers etc.
- Dispensing, labeling, transfer/staging of raw materials and parts
- Assembly/disassembly, cleaning and sterilization of components, parts and equipment
- Maintaining equipment, area and cleaning logbooks
- Cleaning sanitizing production rooms and equipment,
- Stocking production and cleaning supplies
- May author/ review/improve SOP s, batch records, protocols and technical reports
- Actively participates in training activities, managing their individual training plan.Proficient and knowledgeable in the operation and basic troubleshooting of at least one manufacturing area.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Knowledge, competencies and skills:
- Basic knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP s). Working knowledge of all relevant safety procedures within the company. General understanding of most areas in Manufacturing and supporting functional groups.
- Familiar with or experience with cGMP Biotech or Pharmaceutical operations:
- cGMP: Understands basic cGMP requirements and follows those requirements, including requirements for good documentation practices.
- Must be team-oriented (proactively builds healthy working relationships between peers, their department and other groups).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of non-manufacturing functions such as QC, Regulatory, QA, and/or Materials Management.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the scientific theory of biologics manufacturing:
understands basic biotechnology processing - purpose of major unit operations and microbial control concepts
- Actively pursues learning of required skills, new skills, and new equipment
- Understand routine procedures upon which they have been trained.
- Possesses basic equipment understanding, including understanding equipment function and application.
- Proficient in MS Office and related PC skills
- Must have the ability to work either Day or Night shift.
- Bachelor s Degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in a scientific or engineering discipline and a minimum of 0-1 years relevant experience, or Associate s Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with a minimum of 0-2 years related experience, or High School Diploma with a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Is required to stand, operate manufacturing equipment, computer equipment; and is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, safety glasses and/or hearing protection.
- May be required occasionally to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds during handling of production equipment and/or materials.
- May be required to climb occasionally (use of stepladders/stairs in production areas, or stairwells in work campus).
- May be required to bend, kneel, or crawl rarely when troubleshooting production equipment.
- May be required to stand and walk frequently and/or for extended periods while overseeing production activities.
- May be required to drive rarely to attend offsite meetings and/or training.
- May be required to use hearing occasionally when listening for production and equipment alarms.
- Occasional movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials.
- May be required to perform visual inspection of production equipment, materials, and activities.
- May be required to perform occasional overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies.
- On rare occasions, travel may be required to offsite meetings or training event
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.