- Provide analytical support for Open Access UPLC/MS instrumentation and high throughput purification platforms. Run physicochemical assays to support small/large molecule projects.
- The role involves the use of automated instrumentation for HT assay support; the applicant must demonstrate an aptitude for the operation of analytical instrumentation (UPLC/MS, HPLC etc.)
- Operates and maintains the Open Access UPLC/MS systems for the Medicinal Chemistry and Analytical Research teams.
- Provides high throughput purification support for compound arrays to support Medicinal Chemistry project teams
- Contributes as part of the Analytical Research group to the optimization of HPLC methodologies in support of small and large molecule research programs
- Runs Physicochemical and formulation assessments to support project teams
- Role requires employee to work in cross functional teams so applicant must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask
- Must have strong communication and writing skills and be able to present his/her work at group meetings.
- Makes and understands basic experimental decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Documents personal experimental results accurately and completely in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN).
- Coordinates with departmental peers on project work as appropriate.
EDUCATION BEHAVIORAL COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; relevant industry experience preferred
- Appropriate laboratory training
- Practical experience with typical analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, UPLC/MS, NMR, UV, IR etc.)
- General familiarity with analytical theory and techniques.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot routine issues or problems using appropriate information
- Teamwork - Ability to work well within small group functional teams.
- Communication Skills -Ability to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills