Head, Specialty Commercial Operations
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head, Specialty Commercial Operations in our Deerfield Illinois office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Head, Specialty Commercial Operations working in the Specialty Business Unit, you will be empowered to build, acquire and oversee a portfolio of capabilities (processes, tools and services) that contribute to Takeda s performance, competitiveness and operational excellence, and a typical day will include:
The Specialty Commercial Operations function does this by designing, building and managing a number of business-critical cross-functional capabilities for the SBU around 3 functional verticals:
- Commercial Data, Analytics, Reporting and Systems
- Training, Development & Operations
- Customer/Market Insights & Competitive Intelligence.
This role reports into the SVP, Specialty Business Unit and the individual is expected to be an active member of the Specialty Business Unit Leadership Team and help drive the commercial strategy and execution.
As the leader of a complex business organization, the incumbent is responsible for leading and coaching for success.
As a manager of people managers, the Head, Specialty Commercial Operations is not only accountable for his/her own compliance but also for the compliance of all individuals in his/her team. As such, leads the way and leads by example by demonstrating full knowledge and commitment to all applicable policies. Monitors adherence to Takeda policies and guidelines and acts according to established procedures to ensure all issues are addressed and resolved as required.
- Member of the Specialty Business Unit Leadership Team (SPLT)
- Actively participates in and contributes to the SPLT by setting short and long term commercial strategies, capabilities and tactics.
- Develops and optimizes key relationships with teams both within and outside the Specialty Business Unit, including but not limited to: Sales, Marketing, Access and Reimbursement, IT, HR, Legal/Compliance, Medical Affairs, Procurement, external vendors, and others. Also, demonstrates enterprise leadership and thinking among and across these cross-functional partners. Helps ensure all capabilities within the Specialty Commercial Operations organization continue to be compliant with all applicable policies. Maintains a close working relationship with Corporate Compliance and Legal, and plays an active role in educating and keeping others in Commercial regarding developments and requirements for compliance.
- Ensures that recommendations, communications and decisions are only made in manners consistent with Takeda policies
- Acts promptly and decisively to address compliance and other concerns in consultation with Manager, Compliance and/or HR.
- Leads and continuously evolves the Commercial Operations capabilities in the areas of:
Commercial Data, Analytics, Reporting and Systems
- Sales, Marketing, HUB, Managed Markets reporting
- Data Systems/Data Integrity
- Sales Force Effectiveness (e.g., incentives/compensation, targeting, field force sizing/design)
Training, Development, & Operations
- Sales, KAM, FRM, Nurse training
- Leadership Development
- Professional development programming
- Clinical/Scientific training
- Non-clinical training (e.g., data analytics, reporting, systems)
- GxP/non-GxP training matrix management
- Training assessments
- Learning assessment strategy and execution
- Implementation of Challenger Sales approach
Customer/Market Insights & Competitive Intelligence
- SBU Market Research/Competitive Intelligence strategic planning and execution
- Strategy support (e.g., Pipeline, Biosimilar, Business Development)
- Patient Insights (e.g., DTC evolution/tracking, patient journey, social engagement)
- Customer Insights (e.g., marketing/field tracking, physician adoption, channel/payer strategy)
- Competitive Intelligence (e.g., CI monitoring, competitive readiness planning, CI process evolution)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree BS/BA
- Minimum of 10 years of management level experience in the pharmaceutical, immunology, biologic/biotech, or medical device industries which may include district management, specialty account management, marketing management, and/or product management experience
- Minimum of 5 years management level in any combination of:
- Commercial Data, Analytics, Reporting and Systems
- Training, Development, & Operations
- Customer/Market Insights & Competitive Intelligence
- Demonstrated experience in data management systems, data acquisition, segmentation and targeting, sales operations including sales reporting and incentive compensation
- Experience in building and enhancing commercial operations capabilities
- Proven ability to address problems and opportunities in well organized and systematic ways.
- Proven track record of assessing operational gaps, need and opportunities and recommending, building, designing and developing appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Collaborative management style, responsive, flexible, assertive and personable.
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate with senior level relationships across the company, and outside
- Demonstrated ability to show the way with respect to business practices
- MBA or Master s Degree
- Excellent knowledge of the biotechnology/pharmaceutical promotional regulatory environment
- Experience with infusible or injectable products ( Buy and bill )
- Experience in Specialty Products data management
- Product launch experience
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings, attend meetings on a local and national basis, and training.
- Overnight travel to support teams
- Travel up to 15-20%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine