Are you looking for a patient-focuses company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us a Solutions Engineer II, External Partnerships Systems in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Solutions Engineer II working in the External Partnerships Systems team, a typical day will include:
- Provides technical analysis and expertise for IT solutions on moderate complex and/or multi-component IT projects within technical area of expertise.
- Integrates specialized technical in-depth and breadth expertise and a consultative approach in solving complex technical problems as individual or as team member.
- Provides technical analysis, design, configuration, and ongoing maintenance of solutions according to Takeda standards using deep knowledge of IT solutions and landscape.
- Analyses and makes technical recommendations to project from vendor proposal responses and vendor evaluations.
- Uses various analytical IT processes and independent judgment to develop innovative solutions, executes enhancements, and resolves complex technical challenges to deliver consistent quality services to IT solutions and platforms.
- Designs/builds systems of moderate complexity with some guidance.
- Leads efforts in the technical planning, architecture development, and changes in specifications.
- Applies System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards to project work and the working field
- Develops and maintains support documentation according to Takeda Quality Management System (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and IT Project Life Cycle (ITPLC) standards, policies and procedures.
- May lead implementation of less complex solutions and/or systems by leading segments of a major project across functions or regions.
- Works independently and is primary resource on complex technical issues in the discipline.
- Establishes relationships with colleagues and vendors, and is influential in technical support of projects and ongoing operations.