The R&D Partnership Office aims to inform strategy, enable agile execution and timely decision making and further embed Takeda as a Partner of Choice. We are searching for a Project Manager to:
- Enhance strategic planning and drive execution of business-critical projects which include, but are not limited to development and implementation of solutions to facilitate reporting and decision making related to our external collaborations; ensure organizational alignment and change management; identifying areas for continuous process improvement/optimization and support our internal communication strategy.
- Drive development partnership management initiatives, oversee implementation, assess compliance and identify methodology to measure success and opportunities for improvement
- Provide support for strategic adoption and implementation of new policies/process, IT/Systems. Maintains and oversees compliance to processes and systems with a focus on continuous improvement. Includes support for ad hoc projects for the R&D Partnership Office, spanning strategic operational partnerships and our external collaborations.
- Provide overall coordination, implementation, control and completion of project(s), while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
- Direct, coordinate, implement and drive project plans to completion in alignment with the strategy, timelines and objectives of the organization
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete on time and in budget.
- Create project documentation, such as project plans, measures, team and stakeholder communications, resource needs and time management
- Identify and highlight risks and issues within the project(s) and escalate appropriately. Identify, develop, and implement effective mitigation and escalation strategies for projects to address risks and issues
- Lead regular project reviews with stakeholders.
- Liaise cross-functionally to provide transparency into project rationale, communicate requirements, promote compliance to new processes/systems and influence change management to ensure adoption
- Ensure projects follow all company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Support internal Takeda communications and participates in internal (e.g.: cross-functional initiatives) groups/committees to support development of strategy & best practices for R&D Partnership Office projects.
- Bachelor s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading multi-disciplinary projects in pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Proven leadership skills, conceptual thinking and strategic problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated success leading long-term projects and/or multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook).
- Strong experience with Excel to leverage in the planning phase of projects and as an interim solution for data collection and integration
- Proven ability to adapt to change and manage cultural change in an evolving environment.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in drug development, alliance and/or partnership management
- Experience with planning and managing all phases of a project and/or leading stakeholders through process/ system development (e.g., requirements gathering, design, configuration, development, testing, change management) .
- Experience with SharePoint, specifically for modern team sites and implementation and/or maintenance of web parts
- PMP Certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross functional teams and obtain buy-in and alignment is critical to success in this position
- Demonstrates problem-solving and interpersonal skills that facilitate effective interactions within cross-functional teams, consultants and vendor(s).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates advanced computer software and system skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentations skills