Sr. Counsel, Business Law
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Counsel, Business Law in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Counsel, Business Law working on the Commercial Legal team, you will be empowered to serve as brand counsel to the global Oncology Business Unit (Oncology BU) for commercial and late stage products, and a typical day will include:
- Collaborating with other brand attorneys, IP, Compliance, Regulatory and other business groups to ensure robust, integrated and complete client counseling.
- Proactively counseling Oncology Business Unit to appropriately execute oncology strategy and brand objectives
- Leading and managing the overall legal risk assessments to ensure appropriate and comprehensive understanding of potential enterprise risk, escalation, and resolution
- Provide focused legal support, in collaboration with other attorneys, for global oncology commercial and late stage development products
- Serve as legal advisor/core brand attorney to commercial, medical affairs, market access, distribution and development teams, as assigned, for late stage products and marketed products
- Lead assigned cross-functional legal initiatives and serve as lead lawyer on cross-functional commercial teams including without limitation, brand team, promotional and other material review committees and medical drug information
- Collaborate with R&D, IP, Compliance colleagues involved with late stage clinical and marketed products with responsibility for ensuring an aligned approach across multiple products
- Review business materials (including brand plans, promotions, medical plans, training documents) requiring legal input and advising internal clients, partners and stakeholders on compliant strategies, plans and tactics;
- Advise cross functional teams including clinical, product development, regulatory, medical affairs, and other clients on FDA regulatory submissions, label negotiations and privacy and data use.
- Counsel on appropriate relationships with a variety of external parties, including healthcare professionals, patients, academic institutions, and payors.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance colleagues to develop and implement training to internal clients, partners and stakeholders on key policies, procedures, practices and requirements for healthcare and related legal compliance and educate clients and partners about current enforcement trends.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical in-house commercial product matters.
- Experience supporting a pharmaceutical commercialized brand required.
- Preferred experience: oncology legal background, experience with pharmaceutical promotional review, and/or experience with regulatory for draft labels and label updates.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, or qualified to practice in the Commonwealth under another license.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Up to 20% travel required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-JB1