Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Outsourcing Lead in our Boston office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Outsourcing Lead working on the Global Procurement team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Outsourcing Lead will provide outsourcing-related expertise and leadership in selecting, contracting, and financially managing Takeda s outsourced R&D service providers in compliance with standardized policies and processes at a sub therapeutic area, sub-functional, or sub geographic level for higher complexity programs or services. This position plays a critical role in collaborating with and guiding global cross functional stakeholders in successfully executing pipeline objectives by aligning Takeda s business requirements with best-fit, best-in-class suppliers, optimizing costs, and developing effective Statements of Work. This individual will be responsible for leading outsourcing management activities for multiple, complex cross functional drug development projects.
Additionally, the Outsourcing Lead will support Category Leaders in activities including but not limited to, executing high complexity Category Management projects, will participate in the more complex/strategic aspects of these projects, and/or will independently lead less complex rapid sourcing projects with oversight. High project complexity may include, but will not be limited to, projects with multiple global functional stakeholders and/or that are high $, risk, or impact. High complexity/strategic aspects/activities may include, but will not be limited to, participation in activities such as market analysis, total cost of ownership analysis, or communication and change management. Less complex rapid sourcing projects may include, but will not be limited to, projects that have low to medium internal complexity (limited stakeholder involvement) with low to medium external complexity (limited supply market complexity).
The Outsourcing Lead will manage external outsourced resources in executing outsourcing projects, including establishing expectations and agreed upon roles and responsibilities, providing training in policies and procedures, measuring and evaluating performance to plan/performance against KPIs, and managing performance issues
The Outsourcing Lead may represent Outsourcing Management in cross functional, will participate in departmental initiatives, systems and process improvements, and will assist with cross functional and with departmental training, mentorship and development.
Manage contractor staff in the above activities.
This role will establish and maintain strong relationships with both global internal and external partners.
Gather clinical team requirements and translate requirements of business requestor to Procurement activities, providing appropriate challenges to demand or specification where relevant
Monitor progress of request and provide regular scheduled updates to business requestor
Provide subject matter expertise for various types of outsourcing contracts and partners with Global R&D functions in managing contracts to ensure studies and programs are delivered on time, within budget, and with a high quality outcome.
Partner with line leadership in the development and support of cross functional strategic initiatives and processes to meet Takeda s business objectives.
Partner with line leadership in the development and support of intra departmental initiatives and processes to optimize outsourcing efficiency..
Partner with line leadership in the assessment, development, and implementation of the global outsourcing strategic policies, standards, and procedures related to outsourcing management.
Represent Takeda at internal and external meetings.
Mentor, train, and guide less experienced outsourcing management staff. Train stakeholders on required procedures and the role of Outsourcing Management.
Plan and manage the Request for Proposal, Statement of Work, and change order processes to ensure accuracy, compliance, and suitability of pricing for outsourced projects and provides regular updates to business partners. Proactively identify, report and mitigate risk to delivery.
Assess higher complexity services and negotiate contract language related to business terms.
Team with global functional areas in managing the study and finance working group activities.
Promote fiscal responsibility and contract compliance and engage line management early when signals indicate that service provide performance issues may warrant leadership consideration and/or intervention. Challenge demand and the requirements of functional stakeholders.
Work within Takeda systems ensuring global compliance with regional and global procedures.
Manage implementation of category initiatives. Participate in governance activities in the management of Outsourcing Management suppliers.
Support the delivery of Value Contribution targets.
Collaborate with Category Management and legal in development of global master service agreements.
- Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position
- Acts as department representative in all audit function activities
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Education:Bachelor s degree and six (6) years experience in outsourcing or related function in pharmaceutical or CRO industry with a minimum of five (5) years direct experience in managing and negotiating outsourced services and contracts.
- Direct experience with strategic-level outsourcing, including but not limited to preferred provider relationships, category management, sub-therapeutic or global outsourcing, supplier relationship management.
- MBA preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to identify and pursue new ideas, solutions, methods, and opportunities to achieve expectations in executing strategic vendor initiatives.
- Proven leadership in the outsourcing and scoping of projects in a global, matrix environment, including the ability to lead and influence teams to deliver on Takeda s business objectives.
- Strong command of outsourcing management skills and principles and expertise in category management capabilities and methodologies.
- Demonstrated strategic problem-solving and analytical abilities, along with ability to synthesize and consolidate large amounts of data.
- Srong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to express one s self clearly and concisely to internal and external customers. Documents issues or concerns concisely and comprehensively. Adjusts language, terminology, and style appropriately based on the audience. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate/present key information at a management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as both a team leader and as a subject matter expert in a team setting. Ability to foster teamwork by actively participating in and supporting an environment that cultivates professional growth and organizational effectiveness.
- Excellent organization, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and the ability to learn new approaches and expand core skill set.
- Demonstrated understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process; including FDA and ICH regulations and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and contract management software. Experience with enterprise systems is preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.