Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist, Medicinal chemistry in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist, Medicinal chemistry working on the Onc DDU, Pharmaceutical Research team, you will be empowered to implement new practices and approaches in drug discovery and be a key contributor for external collaborations, and a typical day will include:
This is a senior scientist position, intended to diversify our capabilities through hiring of an experienced medicinal chemist with expertise in the in the area of targeted drug delivery.
- Act as departmental resource and subject-matter expert in the area of targeted drug delivery (through biologics conjugation, and/or nanoparticle encapsulation.).
- Propose and implement new practices and approaches in drug discovery, with particular emphasis biologics conjugation and/or nanoparticle drug delivery systems.
- Act a senior medicinal chemist, driving chemistry strategy and compound design on project teams, directed toward successful project progression and candidate drug delivery.
- Act as leader, or key contributor, for cross-disciplinary drug discovery project teams.
- Maintain a broad awareness of the technological and competitive landscapes in small molecule-biologics conjugation and/or nanoparticle drug-delivery systems, and their application to immuno-oncology therapy.
- Identify new external opportunities in targeted drug delivery, and make recommendations to oncology leadership regarding potential collaborations.
- Act as leader, or key contributor, for external collaborations relating to targeted drug delivery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or related discipline, with 7+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrable deep experience and knowledge of medicinal chemistry, with a track-record of creative problem solving, and laboratory-based success in small-molecule drug discovery.
- Significant experience in the area of targeted delivery of small-molecule drugs through biologics conjugation, or nanoparticle encapsulation.
- Track record of successful leadership and/or participation in cross-functional drug-discovery project teams.
- Significant experience in supporting collaborations with external partners
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with a strong ability to impart expertise and best practices on a broad community of colleagues.
- Ability to think strategically to improve current processes within the oncology chemistry department.
- Ability to foster teamwork and actively participate in the review of projects with colleagues throughout the organization.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.