Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Molecular and cellular biologist in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Molecular and cellular biologist working on the Global Drug Safety research and evaluation team, you will be empowered to develop and direct hepatotoxicity assay and use genomics, molecular and advanced cell culture techniques, and a typical day will include:
- Help us make safer drugs | Steer pharmaceutical drug project teams with expert advice and direction to design safer, more effecitve molecules. Improve the quality of therapeutics selected for further development based on proactive risk assessment of target- and chemotype-related toxicities.
- Deliver decision-making data | Design & deliver of state of the art in vitro and in vivo assays to detect & de-risk toxicities for candidate drug molecules. Provide timely assays and results to drive SAR within a project teams make test cycle.
- Develop and deliver novel in vitro assays, including biochemical, traditional cell culture and organ-on-a-chip technologies
- Use genomics, biochemistry, molecular & cellular biology to investigate mechanisms of drug-induced toxicity
- Steer drug discovery teams to make safer medicines using experience, in-house, and literature data.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Growing group needs scientists with PhD degrees in biology, pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with advanced cell culture approaches with cell lines, primary cells, and iPSC cells.
- Cell and molecular biology skills including development of reporter assays, application of CRISPR, knock-down technology, gene expression analysis, and biomarker assay development and validation
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Expertise designing & delivering fit for purpose assays for understanding the mechanism of toxicity of agents including drugs, for biomarker development and application, and for derisking drug candidates.
- Skills in pathway analysis, network pharmacology
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- DABT certification a plus, but not necessary
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 15%
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.