Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Head of Global Neuroscience Patient Access and Value in our Cambridge, MA office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Head of Global Neuroscience Patient Access and Value working on the Global Commercial team, you will be empowered to shape and influence the strategic direction of the Takeda s next generation of Neuroscience products.POSITION OBJECTIVES: The Head of Global Neuroscience Patient Access and Value is a senior director-level position within the Global Commercial Neuroscience organization which is integrated within the Takeda Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Unit. In partnership with Global Outcomes Research, Regional Patient Access and Value teams, and New Product Planning, The Head of Global Neuroscience Patient Access and Value will drive the overall value strategy, including all aspects of market access and pricing, for global pipeline products. The leader will report to the Vice President, Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Commercial Leader.
- Lead a cross-functional Neuroscience Patient Access and Value Team within the GPT (Global Product Team) that develops and delivers an integrated patient access and value strategy for all Neuroscience pipeline products based on a deep understanding of the science and disease, patient and care giver needs, and the evolving payer landscape and evidence requirements.
- Partner with the Global Outcomes Research, Regional Patient Access and Value teams, and New Product Planning to ensure that the patient access and value strategy informs and is integrated into the asset strategy (including the target product profile) of each pipeline product so that at launch the product delivers the value proposition most relevant to payers and is supported by a robust core value dossier and pricing strategy to maximize both patient access and the life-time value of the product.
- Explore and execute innovative mechanisms of patient access and value that consider and anticipate the evolving health care environment to create win-win-win situations for patients, payers and Takeda. Lead development and execution of appropriate early access strategies.
- Provides market access and pricing input into pipeline product forecasts and works closely with Global Pricing to develop pricing guidance and potential innovative contracting tools.
- Lead horizon scanning and maintain an in-depth understanding of relevant pricing and reimbursement criteria used by all payer types (e.g. HTA agencies, institutions and patients) across major countries, as well as anticipating payer priorities and needs to make informed decisions on value positioning and evidence requirements for pipeline products.
- Provide market access thought leadership and perspective, including payer pricing and access assumptions, in support of Neuroscience business development opportunity assessments and asset valuations. Represent the payer view in relevant senior management forums when discussing business development opportunities.
- Patient and customer centric with a focus on understanding and meeting the needs of Takeda s Neuroscience Global Product Teams and Regional Business Units.
- A strategic thinker and problem solver that can anticipate / identify changes in the market and payer environment, identify key issues and value drivers for the Neuroscience portfolio, and translate information into actionable insights.
- Highly collaborative with an ability to lead / influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership, as well as have the interpersonal skills required to succeed in a highly matrixed environment.
- An outstanding communicator that can confidently present insights / recommendations to cross functional partners, as well as represent the commercial position to senior leaders across the organization.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree required, postgraduate degree(s) (MBA, MSc, MPH, Ph.D.) highly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with robust Neuroscience experience (preferred) and outstanding strategic thinking, problems solving, and analytical ability.
- Global Market Access/Payor Systems experience required
- Strong understanding of global markets and payer environment (e.g. HTA model, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management, health technology assessment and payment policy). Direct experience in product commercialization desirable.
- Ability to represent all patient access and value related functions in development and implementation of product strategies.
- Ability to conduct landscape analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and to synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans.
- Ability to develop and test payer-specific value messages.
- Ability to develop tools that will support the Regional Business Units in product value demonstration and communication.
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies to understand implications for payers.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.