Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Procurement Category Manager IT Infrastructure in our Deerfield, IL (US) or Cambridge, MA (US) office.Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.Watch our Medicine for the World video
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Procurement Category Manager IT Infrastructure working in the Global Procurement Team, you are empowered to decide on what is best commercially for Takeda to drive down cost within the global IT category working in close cooperation with team members and business partners worldwide. Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a subject matter expert in IT infrastructure sub-categories including network and telecoms, hardware, IT-infrastructure outsourcing, with typical project value in excess of USD3m and aggressive savings targets.
- As part of the Global IT Category Team, collaborate effectively with Category team members and stakeholders to deliver proactive procurement initiatives in line with the IT infrastructure category strategy and annual plan.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels to build effective relationships and deliver measurable business value and cost savings through the application of rigorous project management, strong negotiation capabilities, and effective use of sourcing tools and techniques.
- Executing day-to-day activities in line with the Infrastructure Category Plan, with a strong focus on strategic sourcing initiatives which aim to qualify and select suppliers that meet the needs of the business at maximum financial benefit.
- Using your analytical capabilities and knowledge of supplier capabilities and strengths, along with key market trends and events to contribute to establishing category strategies and plans in support of Takeda business priorities.
- Building strong relationships with key vendors in order to deliver outstanding commercial results while driving supplier performance and innovation in support of Takeda s business priorities.
- Provide strong partnership and trusted commercial advisory for your internal business partners and stakeholders.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Degree level educated.
- 3+ years Procurement or Supply Chain experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects.
- Strong negotiation and project management skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT Infrastructure spend categories and potential cost levers or market fundamentals.
- Demonstrable experience in leading negotiations of global infrastructure outsourcing and operations agreements.
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 10% of time for meetings at Takeda.
- Education in business or IT.
- Deep experience in negotiating cloud services contracts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and/or Infrastructure Outsourcing agreements.
- Experience with Ariba.
- Post graduate business related qualification.
- IT or Management Consulting industry experience.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.