Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a in our Deerfield, IL (US) office or alternatively Cambridge, MA (US).Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.Watch our Medicine for the World video
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Procurement Software Category Manager IT Software working on the Global Procurement Team, you are empowered to decide on what is best commercially for Takeda to drive down cost within the global Software category working in close cooperation with team members and IT business partners worldwide. Your responsibilities will include:
- Being an experienced IT category manager with focus on Software, SaaS or Cloud agreements, Application development and maintenance outsourcing. The Software sourcing events can have local, regional or global scope.
- Initiate and support demand reviews together with internal requestors (i.e. Project managers, Application Owners, IT Architecture, SAM team, Business Managers) to ensure the proposed investments and vendor proposals are rightsized to the demand, software deployment plans are reasonable and realistic or we can reuse existing assets where possible.
- Establish a close relationship with your internal stakeholders to get early engaged in the process which allows you to provide guidance from a Software Category Procurement point of view.
- Strong partnership with IT Architecture function to strive for application portfolio simplification and strive for preferred application standards.
- Strong Partnership with IT Finance and the SAM team to review proposed business cases for new investments in software applications.
- Working closely together with your Global IT Category Team members to be proactive on procurement initiatives and supporting the Software category strategy and annual plan.
- Deliver measurable business value to your internal clients and contribute to the cost savings and cost avoidances targets of the IT Category team.
- Apply your analytic skills, show a pragmatic working style where necessary and required, apply rigorous project management be a strong negotiator.
- Provide additional value add to your internal clients by showing your market intelligence and introduce vendor innovation and market trends.
- Manage and lead strategic software sourcing events as well as support day-to-day procurement logistic tasks to get the software transactions done in time and quality.
- Keep focus on Software Category objectives and use best practices to support its implementation. Develop a global overview of a vendor relationships, aggregate demand globally if possible and negotiate global agreements where reasonable and delivering maximum financial benefit for Takeda as a global acting company.
- Being a commercial trusted advisor and challenging partner at the same time for your internal clients.
- Degree level educated.
- 3+ years Procurement or Supply Chain experience delivering measurable value in IT strategic sourcing, enterprise IT cost reduction, and / or operational efficiency projects or
- 3+ Software Licensing Manager, SAM manager, IT Architecture Leader with analytical and commercial skills to develop your carrier as Software Category Manager
- Strong analytic and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate understanding of IT spend categories and potential cost levers
- Profound knowhow of the Software Market industry, is familiar to utilize different Benchmarking sources
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 10% of time for meetings at Takeda.
- Education in business or IT.
- Deep experience in negotiating cloud services contracts (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and/or enterprise software agreements
- Experience with Ariba
- Post graduate business related qualification.
- IT or Management Consulting industry experience.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
- Ability to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) for up to 50% of time for meetings at Takeda and supplier sites.
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.