The Associate Director, Disease and Product Training will be part of the Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMAO) Disease and Product Training department within Global Medical Communications, Takeda Oncology. This dynamic individual will have responsibility and accountability for the execution of strategic Medical Affairs Disease and Product Training plans within GMAO, which includes developing and updating on-boarding training programs and establishing ongoing maintenance training, to drive continual enhancement of GMAO scientific knowledge of Takeda Oncology marketed and pipeline products, relevant disease states, and competitor data.
The Associate Director, Disease and Product Training will be responsible for ensuring strategic collaboration with regions and countries to better understand training needs and deliver programs that meet these needs. The Associate Director will work with and oversee vendors to help support training initiatives. The Associate Director will serve as a subject-matter expert and consultant to the regions and countries within GMAO, and contribute to the successful operations of the GMAO Medical Communications department.
- Lead development and updating of high-quality medical affairs education and training plans and materials to drive a consistent and deep understanding and scientific knowledge on Takeda Oncology products, respective disease states and competitor data aligned with product scientific platforms
- Execute GMAO on-boarding training programs and ensure GMAO teams across regions and countries are trained and certified as scientific experts on Takeda Oncology products
- Maintain a strong ongoing training program for Takeda Oncology products including, but not limited to, monthly WebEx and live trainings
- Collaborate with the Director of the Disease and Product Training department to implement training systems/platforms, as appropriate, to facilitate ease of training; deliver innovative training that maximizes multiple learning approaches including, but not limited to, modules/slides, guest speakers, e-learning, webinars, live meetings, workshops, posters, and podcasts
- Collaborate with the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) regions and countries to build, and use, tools and systems that enable improved GMAO and regional interactions, which will foster a cohesive culture and allow for deeper learning
- Identify and engage internal or external speakers, as appropriate, to deliver topic specific expertise
- Become a subject matter expert on Takeda Oncology products and act as a resource for countries and regions to provide scientific expertise
- Act as a scientific/medical reviewer to support the review of promotional and non-promotional content, as/if needed
- Ensure compliance with all relevant SOPs, policies and procedures
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (eg, PhD, PharmD, MD) in a scientific discipline. Primary degree (eg, BS, BA) coupled with relevant, long-term experience within pharmaceutical or biotech industry may be considered.
- 4-5+ years of relevant medical affairs experience with one or more global products
- Previous experience with training
- Strong communication, prioritizing, problem-solving, planning and organizational skills
- Previous experience working with cross-function teams
- Vendor management experience
- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Understanding the principles of adult learning
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical or biomedical writing and communications
- Experience with learning management systems
- Broad product/disease area knowledge
Prior experience using influence and negotiation to secure positive outcomes
- Ability to travel up to 25% per year including international travel
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.