Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Manufacturing Associate II in our Brooklyn Park, Minnesota office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Manufacturing Associate II working on the Manufacturing team, you will be empowered to perform and document biologics production activities in a cGMP environment.
The Manufacturing Associate performs and documents cGMP activities to support upstream and downstream production areas and operations . This involves operation of process equipment, execution of validation protocols, completion of cGMP documents, creating/ revising cGMP documents and other assignments as directed.
- Performs Processing Steps and/or Manufacturing Support activities, monitoring process against the batch record, SLR and control system.
- Documents/Records cGMP data and information for processing steps and/or equipment activities, following standard operating procedures. Key documentation includes batch records, SLRs, and equipment logbooks.
- Completes /reviews validation protocols, deviation reports, change controls in accordance with cGMP s
- Performs the weighing, dispensing of raw materials for media and buffers
- Performs the preparation of small and large volume media and buffer solutions, filtration and transfer of product.
- Operates bench top equipment including pH, conductivity, osmo meters, pumps, tubing welders , filter integrity testers etc.
- Dispensing, labeling, transfer/staging of raw materials and parts
- Assembly/disassembly, cleaning and sterilization of components, parts and equipment
- Maintaining equipment, area and cleaning logbooks
- Cleaning sanitizing production rooms and equipment,
- Stocking production and cleaning supplies
- May author/ review/improve SOP s, batch records, protocols and technical reports
- Actively participates in training activities, managing their individual training plan. Proficient and knowledgeable in the operation and basic troubleshooting of at least one manufacturing area.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Basic knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP s). Working knowledge of all relevant safety procedures within the company. General understanding of most areas in Manufacturing and supporting functional groups.
- Familiar with or experience with cGMP Biotech or Pharmaceutical operations:
- cGMP: Understands basic cGMP requirements and follows those requirements, including requirements for good documentation practices.
- Must be team-oriented (proactively builds healthy working relationships between peers, their department and other groups).
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of non-manufacturing functions such as QC, Regulatory, QA, and/or Materials Management.
- Possesses a basic understanding of the scientific theory of biologics manufacturing:
- understands basic biotechnology processing - purpose of major unit operations and microbial control concepts
- Actively pursues learning of required skills, new skills, and new equipment
- Understand routine procedures upon which they have been trained.
- Possesses basic equipment understanding, including understanding equipment function and application.
- Proficient in MS Office and related PC skills
- Must have the ability to work either Day or Night shift.
- Bachelor s Degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in a scientific or engineering discipline and a minimum of 0-1 years relevant experience, or Associate s Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with a minimum of 0-2 years related experience, or High School Diploma with a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Is required to stand, operate manufacturing equipment, computer equipment; and is required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety shoes, safety glasses and/or hearing protection.
- May be required occasionally to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds during handling of production equipment and/or materials.
- May be required to climb occasionally (use of stepladders/stairs in production areas, or stairwells in work campus).
- May be required to bend, kneel, or crawl rarely when troubleshooting production equipment.
- May be required to stand and walk frequently and/or for extended periods while overseeing production activities.
- May be required to drive rarely to attend offsite meetings and/or training.
- May be required to use hearing occasionally when listening for production and equipment alarms.
- Occasional movement of head/neck while using computer applications and handling of production equipment and materials.
- May be required to perform visual inspection of production equipment, materials, and activities.
- May be required to perform occasional overhead reaching during handling of production materials/files/supplies.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at www.takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN