Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Computational Biologist Bioinformatics in our Cambridge office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Computational Biologist Bioinformatics working on the Immuno-Oncology Research team, you will be empowered to act as an expert consultant and scientific resource for others in the organization based on your extensive knowledge of bioinformatics. You will work with a dedicated team of scientists to form data driven decisions, propose testable hypothesis to identify and drive novel cancer therapeutics. A typical day will include:
- Based in Cambridge, MA, the role is a computational biologist who will apply computational solutions for integrative analysis of Omics data in the ongoing efforts to make contributions in:
- Gaining mechanistic insights into the effect of drug treatment
- Target and biomarker discovery
- Indication and patient population selection
- Building clinical development strategy
- Acts as an expert consultant and scientific resource for others in the organization based on extensive knowledge from within own discipline.
- Collaborates with others, and acts as scientific resource for an aspect of a program.
- Contributes to team problem resolution and objective setting.
- Interprets complex biological information to perform tasks to reduce and consolidate output from various databases.
- Prepares data for utilization by other scientists.
- Is responsible for the analysis of both pre-clinical and clinical data sets including RNA-Seq, Exome and Whole Genome
- Sequencing, single cell sequencing and high throughput proteomics to nominate novel drug targets, enable patient enrichment strategies, and prioritize combination therapies.
- Monitors and queries new data from both internal and public databases to satisfy quality control criteria.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale Omics and high though put data analysis, network analysis, and meta analyses.
- Familiar with public domain data sources.
- Experience in algorithm generation and/or computational method implementation.
- Strong scientific understanding of molecular biology and genomics. Working knowledge with bioinformatics studies of Immuno-Oncology, is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of driving a significant scientific or technological project to success.
- Mastery of unix/linux, and fluency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Perl, Java, C / C++).
- Strong knowledge in statistical software and language (e.g., R, SAS, Matlab).
- Familiarity with parallel computing, database (e.g., SQL) and Amazon Web Services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication with a desire to work effectively in a matrix collaborative team setting.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.