Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director Strategic Insight Partner (SIP), Competitive Intelligence Lead in our Cambridge MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Associate Director Strategic Insight Partner (SIP), Competitive Intelligence Lead working on the Global Insights team, you will be empowered to drive strategic competitive intelligence and align complex scientific information for effective business utilization, and a typical day will include:
This position will be responsible for consulting with Entyvio Global Commercial(GC) and New Product Planning (NPP) leadership as a strategic partner in achieving and maintaining competitive leadership. The Associate Director Strategic Insight Partner (SIP), Competitive Intelligence Lead will be leading, creating, and delivering integrated insights across multiple sources, project management & knowledge management assignments delegated by the GC/NPP Lead Customer and Market Insights. This Competitive Intelligence leader will bring biologics competitive analysis consulting expertise with strong leadership in specialty marketing analysis, brand planning, situation analysis, project management and cross-functional alignment skills. The role is a critical position demanding experience in consultative influence utilizing varied sources of mixed confidence intervals and methods, engaging stakeholders at all levels. The role will also be serving as a CI function expert to NPP and Pipeline/Portfolio Strategic Insight Partner (SIP) to provide competitive landscaping and analysis to inform internal drug discovery, BD and external partnership opportunities.
This position leverages technical expertise to project manage and provide operational excellence, to:
1) Engage consultative influence
2) Create cross-source insights, recommendations and alignment for actions
3) Develop competitive landscape analysis, business need understanding, knowledge gap identification, primary and/or secondary CI to fill prioritized gaps,
4) Communicate those integrated insights to relevant stakeholders across Takeda with urgency
5) leverage data and specialty expertise in Competitive Intelligence external analysis, with internal market planning, business development, strategic or tactical work streams for long-term and short-term impact.
Responsibilities associated with commercial insights include leading cross-functional teams in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful execution, driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and action. This requires the ability to exercise decisiveness in selecting critical strategic elements of executive decisions, collaboration and alignment in methods for study of strategic elements, prioritization of competing strategic/tactical needs, strong budget/scope/program management, strong consultative influence skills, strong skills in identifying biologic and competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Furthermore, he or she acts as an internal Subject Matter Expert (SME), requiring consultative skills, to meet the needs of specific commercial processes via the technical expertise in the discipline of Competitive Intelligence. Advanced understanding of CI processes, methods, industry ethics and compliance, and specialty biologics is required, as well as bench strengths in CI execution for strategic-to-tactical recommendations.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical CI needs of GC/NPP, establishing both long-range and short-term business impact.
- Collaboratively prioritizes and builds a CI plan (KITs, KIQs), integrated with PMR, Analytics and cross-functional teams.
- Provides oversight and accountability on all processes related to procurement, vendors, compliance, pharmacovigilance and budget management activities in execution of each CI activity.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of quality, comprehensiveness, and timeliness of all process outputs.
- Supervise compliance of relevant SOP and industry ethics for GC operations
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking learning/training, compliance and safety programs
- Executes other ad hoc tasks assigned by Head/Lead of Customer and Market Insights
- Guides and manages the creation of operational processes and presents associated plans to SBU leadership for approval.
- Sets and provides clear direction in methods, recommendations and secures stakeholder buy-in.
- Develops and manages expectations, highlighting and resolving issues and ensuring regular communication of processes enhancements.
- Proactively identifies methods to improve efficiency and quality with respect to Project Planning and Management within SBU, and influence via leadership across global peers.
- Proactively develops and implements new and innovative solutions to meet business needs and resolve business issues.
- Develops, implements, and maintains project management of CI projects in SBU
- Aligns, monitors and reports on team-specific project delivery, expenses, and other insights operation metrics.
- Build internal stakeholder relationships from a variety of groups (i.e. marketing, sales, data systems, procurement, Medical Affairs, Global CI)
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. Scientific or commercial education PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- 7+ years of commercial experience within pharmaceuticals, 2 years in specialty
- 5+ years matrix stakeholder management required.
- 2+ years experience in implementing processes, procedures, competitive intelligence in specialty biologics healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes in strategic and tactical decisions, specific to marketing in specialty pharmaceuticals
- 2+ years expertise and industry leadership in CI.
- Proven ability to communicate, strategize and collaborate effectively with senior management.
- Thorough knowledge of drug commercialization
- Thorough knowledge and passion for excellence in the commercial side of managing pharmacovigilance processes
- MBA preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and leadership in specialty pharmaceutical commercial business operations, and the use of CI to drive decision-making in commercial strategy and tactics to achieve a leadership position.
- Demonstrated leadership in synthesis of primary and secondary CI, forecasting impact, competitive intelligence and data management to advise the development, execution and monitoring of specialty pharmaceutical leadership status.
- Able to lead in a matrix-working culture, both across the US SBU and GCI
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence in a consultative role
- Proactive ability to effectively monitor competitive activity, predict probable issues and problem solve (scenario planning)
- Proven consultative influence, communication and presentation skills organizational, written and verbal
- Expertise in CI research methods as they pertain to integration with specialty pharmaceutical data sources for strategic recommendations
- History of managing multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Able to delegate effectively
- Proven advanced skills in utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Able to drive to or fly to various meeting sites, including overnight trips, up to 15%-20%. Some international travels will be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.