Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Immuno-Oncology Research in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director on the Immuno-Oncology Research team, you will be empowered to advancing internal and collaborative programs in Immuno-Oncology and focus on redirected immunity approaches, including novel cellular immunotherapies and next-generation cell engagers, and a typical day will include:
Based in Cambridge, MA, the role is a research leader who will be responsible for directing cutting-edge Immuno-Oncology research programs, with a focus on redirected immunity approaches, including novel cellular immunotherapies and next-generation cell engagers. A nimble team of Immunologists reporting to this leader will be responsible for advancing internal and collaborative programs in Immuno-Oncology that leverage deep insights into cellular and pathway mechanisms to advance programs from concept to clinical proof-of-mechanism, in close partnership with other teams in ODDU/IU and with key partner functions (CEI, DSRE, DMPK, TREC, O-TAU, RMU, Pharm Sci).
- Reports to Head of Immuno-Oncology Research, TBOS.
- Spends ~ 20% of time in laboratory to mentor a world-class scientific team with a deep knowledge of cutting-edge techniques relevant to advancing novel cell engagers and cellular immunotherapies for Immuno-Oncology.
- Manages a nimble team of research scientists who collaborate closely with other teams in IU/ODDU/RMU to advance cutting-edge approaches focused on redirecting immune effector functions to liquid and solid tumours.
- Serves as an expert in identifying, advancing, and (as applicable) supporting the governance of external academic, biotech, and clinical partnerships for Immuno-Oncology.
- Provides strategic guidance and project leadership for Immuno-Oncology programs as appropriate, including mentoring PTLs.
- Contributes to translational research activities, including biomarker discovery and validation, in partnership with Oncology Translational Sciences, TREC (Translational Research & Early Clinical) and external partners.
- Builds relationships & collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and biotech companies and is seen as an international subject matter expert in Immuno-Oncology research and therapeutics.
- Keeps up-to-date with relevant scientific advancements (e.g. competitive landscape, new technologies, emerging opportunities).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology (or comparable)
- Postdoctoral work carried out in world-renowned Immunology / Immuno-Oncology lab
- Publication record in top scientific journals (International reputation)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Industry with track record of contributing to progression of immunology programs ranging from target discovery to clinical proof-of-concept
- Well-versed in field of Immuno-Oncology, with good knowledge of competitive environment and relevant therapeutic modalities, including T cell engagers and CARTs
- Experience in managing teams in a matrix environment
- Experience in leveraging external resources (vendors / CROs) and in building and supporting partnerships with academic institutions and/or companies
- Ability to support biomarker discovery and validation for clinical translation of Immuno-Oncology programs
- Willing to spend 20% of time in lab, developing new assays and mentoring staff
- Requires approximately 15% or more travel, including international.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.