Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist (I or II), Oncology Chemistry in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist (I or II), Oncology Chemistry working on the Oncology DDU, Pharmaceutical Research Division team, you will be empowered to contribute to chemistry strategy and compound design on project teams and act as a mentor to medicinal chemistry colleagues, and a typical day will include:
This is a senior scientist position within the oncology chemistry department, intended to expand our small-molecule oncology drug discovery capabilities, and to work closely with our computational chemistry group to ensure our effectiveness in the application of computational methods to project decision-making and drug design.
- Act a senior medicinal chemist, contributing to chemistry strategy and compound design on project teams, directed toward successful project progression and candidate drug delivery.
- Contribute to project advancement through hands-on compound synthesis and other laboratory experimentation.
- Act as departmental resource for the application of computational methods and predictive modeling to drug design and data analysis.
- Act as a strategic resource, working with the chemistry leadership team and computational chemistry group to ensure optimal execution of drug design and discovery.
- Act as a mentor to medicinal chemistry colleagues in the proper use of computational chemistry tools
- Propose and implement new practices and approaches to medicinal chemistry, with particular emphasis on structure-based drug design and computational data analysis.
- Explore new applications for data analysis to assist in hypothesis driven compound design.
- Work effectively with external collaborators and CROs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or related discipline, with 7+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrable deep experience and knowledge of medicinal chemistry, with a track-record of creative problem solving, and laboratory-based success in small-molecule drug discovery.
- Significant experience in hands-on application of computational methods for drug design and/or SAR data analysis.
- Track record of successful leadership and/or participation in cross-functional drug-discovery project teams.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, with a strong ability to impart expertise and best practices on a broad community of colleagues.
- Track-record of close, effective collaboration with structural biologists and computational scientists.
- Broad state-of-the-art awareness of computational tools for drug design and discovery.
- Ability to think strategically to improve current processes within the oncology chemistry department.
- Ability to foster teamwork and actively participate in the review of projects with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Experience with newer approaches to lead discovery (eg. fragment-based lead discovery, DNA-encoded library screening) is a plus.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.