Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director / Associate Director, Pre-Clinical Imaging in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director / Associate Director, Pre-Clinical Imaging working on the Translational Research & Early Clinical team, you will be empowered to drive innovation and decision making with imaging biomarkers to bring better medicines to patients. This role will be instrumental in strategic integration of impactful imaging biomarkers to address key questions in drug discovery and development.
- Provides pre-clinical imaging biomarker support across all of Takeda s therapeutic areas utilizing both novel and established imaging technologies
- Utilizes and expands a network of preferred, external, pre-clinical imaging partners
- Serves as a subject matter expert and go-to person for imaging biomarkers
- This position will be responsible for providing technical imaging advice to projects and studies where imaging biomarkers are of added value.
- Provides in-depth technical knowledge of pre-clinical imaging modalities and instrumentations (e.g. MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, Ultrasound, Optical)
- Advises and consults on pre-clinical imaging studies
- Ensures that both translational and clinical imaging biomarker plan is supported by translational research data
- Provides imaging expertise and represents Imaging on project teams
- Provides strategic imaging advice to projects where imaging biomarkers add value
- Contributes to developing and testing imaging strategy for later stage implementation
- Evaluates cutting-edge novel imaging technologies
- As an in-house Imaging expert, will work with pre-clinical development teams to optimally devise and implement imaging biomarkers in drug discovery and development plans
- Ensure the proper implementation of imaging in pre-clinical studies by scientific guidance on choice of imaging core lab and external imaging collaborators, by input into study protocols and trial documents, and by oversight of imaging-component conduct and imaging deliverables.
- Contribute to Imaging group maintaining state-of-the-art knowledge of technical and scientific imaging advances and assess these advances for their potential value in drug development.
- Serve as a knowledgeable Takeda representative on imaging issues to external imaging experts, imaging biomarker activities and consortia.
- Contribute to developing external relationships with key academic imaging centers, imaging diagnostics companies and imaging CROs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (Master s or PhD scientist /engineer/ physicist) with imaging expertise
- Experience in imaging instrumentation, implementation /analysis and publications will be considered in lieu of doctoral degree.
- Minimum of 4-6 years specific experience in implementing imaging biomarkers in drug development, minimum of 10 years total experience in imaging research
- Cross-imaging modality expertise strongly preferred (e.g. MRI, PET, SPECT, CT, Optical, Ultrasound) including basic science knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical imaging modalities
- In-depth therapeutic area knowledge in one of Takeda s core areas (neuroscience, immune-oncology, and/or gastrointestinal disease) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of pre-clinical imaging science and data to enable 2-way translation to clinic and back.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including presentational capabilities.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage in discussions on imaging biomarkers in innovative drug discovery from early pre-clinical through to late stage development.
- Ability to apply innovative imaging technologies in a fit for purpose manner in the drug discovery process.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Willingness to travel to both internal and external meetings, including overnight trips. National and international travel is required.
- Requires approximately 5-15% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.