Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist in our Brooklyn Park office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist working on the Environmental Health and Safety team, you will be empowered to take ownership of site safety programs and provide day-to-day management of EHS programs, and a typical day will include:
- Responsible for developing and executing safety programs at the Brooklyn Park site.
- Provides technical EHS support for day-to-day EHS program management and operations within site (i.e., control of hazardous energy, chemical safety, confined space, electrical safety, and related programs).
- Manage day-to-day operations of several regulated EHS programs (e.g., internal audit program, risk assessment, chemical approval, EHS committee) and provide technical and hands-on support for the emergency response program.
- Identify, analyze, and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skill and abilities.
- Initiate and drive projects within area teams to continually improve the safety culture and minimize risk of injury.
- Apply knowledge of risk factors to impact the design of safety features and controls in the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Manage the site EH&S committee and work with them to complete improvement projects associated with our site safety program.
- Manage environmental, health, and safety audits and other routine EHS inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations, standards, codes, company policies and related permits.
- Development, review and improvement of environmental, health, and safety programs.
- Execute environmental, health and safety programs applying discretion to adapt programs to the Brooklyn Park site as needed.
- Administer delivery of EHS training for employees.
- Support the chemical approval program, waste management, risk assessment and incident investigation programs.
- Facilitate the emergency response program, including potential night/weekend response.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of a bachelor s degree in occupational health, safety, safety engineering, or related degree and 3 - 7 years of experience required.
- Possess a sound understanding of environmental, health and safety compliance programs and safety and environmental laws (e.g. OSHA, EPA etc.).
- Possess a good understanding of other relevant programs, such as: workplace audits; process safety hazard control; emergency response; and risk assessment.
- Possess good communication skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Experienced working in a fast paced manufacturing setting.
- Possess basic competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: None required; professional certification optional
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Brooklyn Park, MN