Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Scientific Fellow - Fermentation Development in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Scientific Fellow - Fermentation Development working on the Biologics and New Modalities Development team, you will be empowered to develop manufacturing platforms & processes for novel proteins that will be transformative to patients and work with cross-functional teams to move these therapies into the clinic and beyond, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the establishment of non-mammalian expression and fermentation capabilities for the production of novel (non-mAb/non-Fc) proteins of therapeutic interest. Specific objectives in this area include 1) evaluating and implementing bacterial or other non-mammalian based expression platforms and 2) optimizing fermentation conditions as a means of improving expression levels or reducing COGs to commercially-viable levels.
- Lead the establishment of internal lab capabilities to support these areas, including identifying and implementing critical technology platforms and equipment
- Serve as a technical liason with external collaborators in the field, providing expression or fermentation development expertise or support as needed around their assets or technology platforms
- Assist in the management of Contact Development and Manufacturing Organizations used to advance protein therapeutics into the clinic
- Represent Pharmaceutical Sciences and work effectively with cross-functional teams including Discovery, Clinical, Toxicology, etc. in developing integrated strategies to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of protein candidates
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 13+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in the expression of non-Fc proteins, including enzymes or other novel scaffolds via bacterial, yeast or other non-mammalian platforms
- Broad knowledge of fermentation optimization strategies, including the optimization of media and physicochemical parameters and DOE
- Hands-on familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques for recombinant protein expression and the operation of benchtop stirred-tank bioreactors (of varying scales)
- Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP s
- Significant technical and strategic leadership and accomplishments
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment with accountability for informing departmental or functional strategy.
- Experience leading functional regulatory strategy
- May require approximately 15-20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.