Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as the Head, Strategy & Expertise Cluster in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As the Head, Strategy & Expertise Cluster working on the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit, you will be empowered to leverage science for creating new medicines and serve as a key thought leader in Oncology therapeutic area, and a typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTIVES:This role involves leadership of one or more of the key Strategy & Expertise Clusters within the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit (ODDU) in Takeda Boston. These Expertise Clusters will be comprised of several areas, including breakthrough medicines in haematological malignancies with curative intent, redirected immunity (next-generation cell engagers and cellular immunotherapies), and cold-to-hot tumour microenvironment conversion. This leader will be a highly accomplished scientist with a proven track record in leveraging science for creating new medicines, and experience in all phases of drug development, from discovery through early and late stage clinical development. This scientist will serve as a key thought leader in the Oncology therapeutic area who will help craft a renewed oncology strategy for Takeda emphasizing both immune-oncology and precision medicine opportunities. This will entail creating and leading one or more Expertise Clusters that will serve as knowledge hubs reflecting the ODDU research strategy as it pertains to the evolving clinical landscape, and that will be leveraged across internal and external R&D programs. Within this capacity, this individual will establish an external advisory network and liaison with the Oncology Therapeutic Area Unit (OTAU) and the larger oncology research community within Takeda to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Reports to Head of Translational Sciences, Oncology DDU
- Leads an Expertise Cluster intended to maintain a cutting-edge drug discovery strategy and roadmap with a particular emphasis on leveraging immune-related opportunities in one or more core strategic area, informed by deep knowledge of the current clinical and competitive landscape
- Establish and engage a network of external scientific advisors to guide DDU strategy and enable project teams in defining translational datasets required to enable a seamless transition from preclinical to clinical proof-of-concept
- Serve as a knowledge hub within the Translational Sciences function of ODDU, working closely with translational research experts, bioinformatics teams, and translational bioassay teams
- Work closely with the overall oncology R&D community within Takeda to align on overall the oncology strategies and goals and represent the ODDU in cross functional forums within Expertise Cluster areas of focus
- Mentor and support high potential individuals within the organization
- Liaise with other parts of the Takeda research community to find areas to collaborate, share infrastructure and to foster learnings across departments
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD or MD in relevant field of biomedical research
- A senior researcher / drug developer with 12+ years of relevant industry experience in all phases of drug development and with extensive experience in oncology and translational science
- A recognized expert in drug development and in forward and reverse translational science with a strong external network
- Excellent understanding of clinical development and regulatory processes
- Proven ability to successfully lead and to manage multiple stakeholders in a high-performing matrixed environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership abilities, and oral and written communication
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and strategic skills
- Requires approximately 25% business travel, including international
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.