Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Antibody Discovery Scientist I in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Antibody Discovery Scientist I working on the Protein Sciences team, you will be empowered to discover, design and evaluate monoclonal antibodies and develop optimized sequences for Immuno-Oncology, and a typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTIVES:As a key member of the Antibody Technologies team, this individual will provide critical cell culture, protein engineering, and molecular biology expertise enabling the discovery, design and evaluation of monoclonal antibodies, antibody libraries, humanized antibodies, and development-optimized sequences for Immuno-Oncology and Takeda s core therapeutic areas.
- Execute multiple strategies for therapeutic antibody discovery utilizing mouse hybridoma as well as various panning technologies.
- Contribute protein engineering expertise to antigen design as well as to antibody format and sequence optimization engineering.
- Carry out high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, analysis, and classification enabling downstream antibody screening and selection.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills to ensure thorough information tracking in material management systems associated with antibody discovery and engineering processes.
- Document protocols and foster sharing of expertise as a scientific resource for others in the organization.
- Display strong teamwork skills as part of the antibody discovery and engineering team to ensure effective communication in a multi-functional team setting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or related fields with at least one year of industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in antibody or protein engineering and characterization required, as well as strong skills in mammalian tissue culture and molecular biology.
- Experience in the generation of antibodies through hybridoma, phage, yeast, or other panning technology is desired.
- Immunology/Oncology research experience as well as experience handling mice would be a plus.
- This individual must be self-motivated, with a proven record of working in a multi-functional team setting, and is effective in sharing of learning and expertise.
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving, cross-function collaboration, planning, documentation, and organization are required.
- Experience with antibody discovery through B cell cloning methods desired
- Experience working with high throughput liquid handlers desired
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry desired
- Software experience: Genedata, Sequencher, MOE desired
- < 5% of time as required to support business needs
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.