Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a CNS Biology intern in our San Diego location office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The CNS intern will work under the guidance and mentorship of CNS biology experts to support the progression of early drug discovery targets and assist in validating the target for program readiness.
- Perform dosing of mice and rats by several routes (IP, PO, SC)
- Performs ex vivo rodent brain collection.
- Manage and Expand cell lines.
- Perform cell-based assays on a tight schedule
- Perform Immunocytochemistry/histochemistry and western blots.
- Performs data analysis and present results when necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student in good academic standing with a focus in pharmacy, pharmaceutical science, or a related biological or chemical science field (Second or Third year students preferred)
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Expected hours: 10 - 20 hours while school is in session; up to 40 hours during school breaks
- Applicants must be highly motivated, self-starters with excellent oral and written communication.
- Applicants must be willing to work with rodents as well as cells, and fluids.
- Candidate should have a strong interest and understanding of CNS Biology.
- Previous experience with each of the following is preferred: IHC, western blot, Aseptic Technique and Good Cell Culture Practice rodent work.
- Potential exposure to cold temperatures, loud noises, reactive chemicals and possible rodent allergens.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)