Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Protein Chemistry & Structural Biology intern in our San Diego office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The internship program is intended to:
- Increase productivity for the managing scientists, enabling temporary support for Structural Biology and Biophysics group.
- Increase the reputation of Takeda as an employer of choice for aspiring biochemists.
- Give back to the community by providing industry training for university students.
- Conduct routine biochemical laboratory tasks including buffer and sample preparations.
- Perform routine protein purifications using column chromatography techniques.
- Routine characterizations of purified protein samples.
- Manual and robotic crystallization of proteins and protein/ligand co-complexes.
- Screenings and optimizations of crystallization and cryocooling conditions to improve crystal quality.
- Perform crystal soaking, manipulation, and cryocooling.
- Ordering and stocking lab supplies.
- Maintain a safe and organized lab bench; keep an accurate, comprehensible, and concise notebook in accordance with company policy
- Communicate with colleagues effectively; demonstrate effective teamwork in collaboration with other members of the SB&B group
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in protein chemistry and structural biology research.
- An excellent academic record in pursuit of a degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Completion of at least two years of college education prior to the internship is preferable.
- Successful completion of General Chemistry and General Biology (lecture and laboratory); Completion of Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry and Calculus preferred.
- Familiar with preparing solutions, calculating standard dilutions, manual pipetting, and comfortable working in the 4oC cold rooms on occasional basis.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
San Diego, CA
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)