Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Vice President, Pharmaceutical Sciences Head of Biopharmaceuticals Process and Product Development in our Cambridge office.
The main objective of this position is to set the successful strategy and delivery of biopharmaceutical processes and clinic supplies to create and deliver an innovative pipeline.
As a member of the Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) Leadership team, deliverables include proactive, agile and data-driven strategic solutions and championing performance and a customer-focused culture. The key objectives are:
- Set strategy and establish industry-leading CMC capabilities for biopharmaceuticals drug development. Establish strong connections to select external partners in academia and third party companies.
- Drive the team s performance to develop robust processes across all phases of preclinical and clinical development.
- Drive the buildup of the collaboration network including biotech s, academic and C(D)MO partners.
- Drive the global strategy for continuous and phase-appropriate process manufacturing optimization towards standardized platforms as appropriate and streamlined world-wide tech transfer.
- Implement and develop sophisticated developability / manufacturability critera to de-risk emerging innovative pipeline.
- Establish and foster a culture of high performance, out-of-the-box thinking, innovation and learning, empowerment, diversity, inclusion and trust.
- Foster, create and support a project-centric operating model.
- Work effectively across the interfaces with CMC project leaders, discovery units, clinical teams and commercial manufacturing and supply extendeded partners.
- Together with the Head of PS, lead and direct the PS strategy, at the interface between portfolio management, project management and operations. Drive the team s execution, and proactively contribute to setting up strategy and translate the strategy into operational activities.
- Proactively develop capabilities and develop a Make vs buy strategy
- Drive innovation with the objective for example to accelerate and de-risk process development, reduce cycle times and cost, as well as support tech transfer and trouble shooting.
- Provide state-of-art portfolio and performance analysis dashboards to the PS Leadership team to guide and support strategy through informed and data-driven decision making, and effective communication within the team and towards the customers.
- Achieve an increased value from a CMC perspective, acceleration, new formulations, LCM, lowering costs. Establish manufacturing methods excelling in cost-benefit performance, and manufacture and provide investigational drugs in a timely manner, while also completely transferring manufacture technology to commercial production entities before the products are launched.
- Accountable for overall leadership of the BPPD team, including defining its vision, strategy, execution, hiring, training, staff assignment, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Accountable for process development, and clinical manufacturing, including the buildup of the capabilities and the operations
- Responsible for the successful transfer of early phase process and analytics from biotech and academic partners or internal programs.
- Accountable for building and effectively managing a highly skilled team of scientists, managers and process engineers in cellular therapy process and.
- Accountable for establishing, continuously improving resource allocation plans and actuals, scientific information and knowledge, internal and external collaboration space.
- Responsible for developing state-of-art portfolio and performance analysis dashboards to the PS Leadership team, to guide and support strategy through informed and data-driven decision making.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree (PhD highly desirable) in relevant scientific discipline (such as Biotechnology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry), and significant prior experience in Biologics development.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in leadership and people management with successful performance track record. Experience in technical development of advanced modalities in early and late Development setting is highly desirable.
- Excellence and successful track record in managing interfaces with other functions and integrated teams.
- Experience in IND, BLA etc., filing activities.
- Proven track record and demonstrated deep understanding of pharmaceutical drug development, program and project development.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability; ability to predict issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to lead successfully within extended, global multinational project teams and handle multiple challenges under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability for innovative and big picture thinking.
- Requires the flexibility and tolerance to best manage change and differing opinions with diplomacy and competence.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills written and verbal; create and deliver presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations
- Excellent organizational skills: Proactive, management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Negotiation and strong persuasive abilities, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- Fluent in English
- Approximately 20% travel is required.
- Domestic and international flights with overnight stays required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.