|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director of Public Private Partnerships in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director of Public Private Partnershipsworking on the Strategic and Professional Affairs (SPA) team, you will be empowered to shape the contribution to Takeda's R&D priorities, and a typical day will include:
- Support the Global Head of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in positioning Takeda as an industry leader and partner of choice in PPPs.
- Manage Takeda s existing portfolio of PPPs, in close collaboration with the Partnership Office, to track deliverables and milestones, identify issues of concern, ensure value to Takeda, and reassess engagement and prioritization as needed.
- Build trusted relations with a broad range of external stakeholders e.g. governmental entities, academic institutions, non-profit organization to proactively identify emerging opportunities for participation in existing/a new PPPs aligned with Takeda priorities.
- Provide project management and change management support to the PPP Advisory Group (PAG), a network of senior Takeda R&D leaders that are focused on identifying and assessing new opportunities for delivering R&D priorities via PPPs. Within this group, facilitate the identification of new projects to ensure Takeda is proactively engaged in PPPs that are aligned with our business priorities and that maximize return of value to Takeda.
- Build effective relations with colleagues across R&D TAUs and Takeda functions (e.g., Business Units, US and Global Public Affairs, R&D and Corporate Communications, etc.) to educate and align on the value and priority of PPPs.
- Be recognized as a leader in the pre-competitive space externally enabling Takeda to build trusted relations with key external healthcare leaders and stakeholder groups and help shape the external PPP ecosystem in alignment with the company strategic direction.
- Deliver consistent and accessible information to keep R&D and other Takeda senior leaders informed on the progress of PPPs, their value, emerging trends and opportunities globally.
- Support the development and implementation of a global strategy and implementation plan that engages proactively key internal and external stakeholders to position Takeda as a leader in PPPs.
- Develop and establish relationships with key R&D leaders within Takeda to provide them with progress updates on PPPs and associated value. Ensure that the PPP portfolio is fully aligned with Takeda s R&D global vision, needs and priorities
- Provide project management leadership to the PPP Advisory Group t. Ensure the PPP portfolio and in particular the project benefits are clearly linked to the TAU and/or R&D Functions strategic priorities.
- Optimize the process for tracking existing PPPs and review of newly proposed PPPs.
- Lead development of internal capabilities and best practice to influence external PPP objectives to align with Takeda R&D priorities and global vision.
- Build trusted relations with key senior external stakeholders in North America and globally from industry, government, academic, and non-profit sectors
- Represent Takeda at a strategic level in PPP meetings, debates, round-table and at other relevant opportunities taking place in North America. Build trust and recognition and identify opportunities for Takeda to enhance its reputation globally by leveraging external partnerships.
- Contribute to education about the value of PPPs internally and externally, its relevance to the industry, Takeda and patients.
- Lead PPPs horizon scanning across the Healthcare environment. Proactively identify emerging trends, and PPP opportunities that can support Takeda priorities. Develop clear action plans and engage key R&D leaders to make the most of emerging trends and opportunities of significance to Takeda.
- Support the Global Head of PPPs in other relevant assignments, strategy planning and budget management as required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors required. MD, PhD, PharmD or advanced degree preferred. Science education and/or training a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in biopharmaceutical industry, government, trade association or non-profit sector with increasing senior-level responsibilities, including significant experience presenting to and advising senior executives
- Deep knowledge and understanding of key science and biomedical challenges and demonstrated ability to effectively build relations with key influencers
- Excellent change management and stakeholder management skills and an ability to influence others. Experience working within a complex global organization, with demonstrated ability to work across different functions, including influencing areas where the incumbent may not have direct authority
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with strong leadership and a clear track record of delivering results in challenging and ambiguous situations
- Excellent communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills, including direct exposure to media and public relations
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to credibly represent Takeda with external stakeholder groups
- Ability to lead and deliver strategic activity
- Ability to scan large quantities of data which are then interpreted concisely to identify trends, opportunities and delivered in effective communications
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
- Domestic and international travel is a requirement of the position.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.