Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Pipeline Insights in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, Pipeline Insights working on the Portfolio Strategy & Project Team Innovation, you will be empowered to support key discussions with rigorous, fact-based analytics and modelling and the synthesis of insights into actionable recommendations, and a typical day will include:
The Associate Director, Pipeline Insights is responsible for leading analyses and extracting insights that address key pipeline related questions, inform strategic planning, and support R&D pipeline related decision-making. This position will be responsible for supporting key discussions with rigorous, fact-based analytics and modelling and the synthesis of insights into actionable recommendations.
- Deliver an integrated suite of portfolio and pipeline reports, including some real-time analytics, to inform decision-making, support portfolio reviews, and to track pipeline health and progress against CMSO KPIs.
- Develop best in class portfolio forecasting, utilizing state of the art modeling methodologies to determine likely portfolio outcomes to inform annual investment planning for internal programs and external opportunities
- Generate insights based on analysis of internal and external data and / or trends to inform decision-making, support portfolio reviews, and identify opportunities to shape the direction of the R&D pipeline.
- Lead external R&D benchmarking initiatives, ensuring data integrity, using influence to guide the strategic direction of external benchmarking groups, and developing and delivering key insights to internal stakeholders.
- Model the portfolio and R&D resources to support investment planning and decision making for both internal programs and external opportunities
- Partner with stakeholders across R&D and IT to implement an integrated portfolio management system.
- Serve as liaison to Investor Relations for pipeline reporting, ensuring quarterly updates and other external disclosures are completed with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Serve as single point of contact with R&D Finance for pipeline reporting requirements.
- Partner with the Senior Director, Pipeline Strategy & Management to deliver novel approaches to scenario planning and decision analysis in R&D strategic planning and investment decisions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Bachelor s degree in business / finance / economics and / or in health or life sciences required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Minimum 8 years of professional experience in management consulting and/or investment banking in healthcare or in R&D or Portfolio related functions.
Operational experience in investment optimization models, Monte Carlo simulation, financial asset valuation and portfolio assessment techniques.
Experience with software-based portfolio management tools (e.g., Enrich)
Structured thinking with strong analytical ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, communicate ideas, and extract themes and trends to enable strategic decision making
Deep understanding pharmaceutical and healthcare industry trends and ability to frame data-based insights within this context. Strong understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
Proactive ability to predict issues and problem solve
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.