Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Neuroscience Partnerships in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Neuroscience Partnerships working on the Neuroscience TAU, you will be empowered to drive collaboration and maximize value from alliance programs, and a typical day will include:
This position is responsible for maximizing the success of our neuroscience R&D partnerships and developing and evolving Takeda s neuroscience strategy.
- Responsible for R&D Neuroscience portfolio of research and clinical development partnerships including direct management of complex alliances as well as coaching and mentoring of others with alliance management responsibilities
- Create disease area / technology perspectives by synthesizing internal and external expertise to communicate latest scientific advances, anticipate future competitive dynamics, identify opportunities to create value through partnership, identify new or alternative potential partnerships, and drive to action
- Develop and lead initiatives to address Neuroscience TAU strategic priorities
- Participate in contract negotiation to ensure contract is aligned with the strategic intent, there is a common understanding of deliverables, timelines, and go/no go criteria post deal closure; recommend fit for purpose governance and capture all potential relationship risks
- Lead the launches of new partnerships and the ongoing governance of existing alliances. Committee members will include executives from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners. Ensure that all joint committees have shared goals, expectations, operating principles, and performance metrics.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification. Pro-actively anticipate risks and needs, and determine the optimal solution.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its partner to ensure objectives are met. Lead process for revising contractual agreements as necessary
- Contribute to Portfolio view of partnerships and ensure all key data elements under direct responsibility of alliance management is kept up to date
- Participate in activities that help embed partnering best practices across the company
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrated excellence in analytical and strategic thinking in multiple roles
Minimum 3 years of project management experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry or with management consulting firm
Strong knowledge of drug development process
Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred
Ability to learn and act quickly to take on new tasks and drive towards a high-quality deliverable
Strong project management skills including the ability to lead and drive multiple high priority projects with senior leadership stakeholders, create project workplans, anticipate major contingencies, synthesize discussions, and drive to action
Strong interpersonal skills including mastery of several influencing tactics, ability to modify working style based upon team and audience, ability to give and receive feedback with senior leaders, and able to coach peers and more junior members
Excellent written and verbal communication
Legal Contracts Ability to understand contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations and be able to translate the terms in a way that is understood by the R&D
- Routine demands of an office based environment.
- This position may require up to 30% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings / clients.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.