Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Animal Lab Assistant in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Animal Lab Assistant in our Husbandry Operations group you will be part of a team that is dedicated to the humane care and welfare of animal models utilized in research. A typical day will include:
- Providing husbandry and animal facility cleanliness and maintenance
- Providing technical support to investigators and their staff (e.g. injections, collection of biological samples, compound dosing, micro chipping etc.)
- Responsible for feeding, watering and general health observations of animals in rooms as assigned.
- Responsible for general facility upkeep and routine sanitization.
- Operation of cage washers and autoclaves.
- Maintenance of accurate documentation of work completed and animal related observations.
- Administration of prescribed medications under direction of the Veterinarian or Veterinary Technician.
- Transport of supplies and equipment between facilities.
- Weekend and holiday work is required on a rotating schedule. Responsible for own work, ensuring quality and meeting deadline.
- Responsible for assessing problems or issues that should be brought to the attention of the supervisor or manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have one of the following;
- Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree, or equivalent in a scientific field
- Candidates with an Associates or Bachelors in Biology preferred
- High School Diploma plus three or more years of animal care experience in a veterinary clinic, a zoo, or another field working with laboratory animals
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.