|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Research Associate / Research Associate, Analytical Development - Biologics in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Research Associate / Research Associate working on the Analytical Development - Biologics team, you will be empowered to work on cross-functional teams and carry out a variety of lab-based projects, and a typical day will include:
The Analytical Development Biologics group is looking for a highly motivated associate to provide support for characterization activities and development of GMP assays to support the biologics pipeline. The candidate should be able to carry out laboratory experiments with minimal supervision. Additionally this position participates in planning experiments under supervision and drafting support documentation as well as good laboratory documentation practices.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related pharmaceutical science and 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related pharmaceutical science; some relevant industry experience preferred
- Appropriate laboratory training
Knowledge and Skills:
- Associates degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting or Masters degree plus appropriate laboratory training
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- Experience with a variety of standard biochemical analytical techniques, including but not necessarily limited to liquid chromatography, gel or capillary electrophoresis, and/or spectroscopic-based methods.
- Adept at conducting routine testing and able to conduct limited troubleshooting of multiple methods; understanding of protein properties.
- Able to carry out method development, validation, and transfer of methods to internal and external laboratories for standard methodologies with some supervision.
- Able to support evaluation of new equipment/technologies.
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities.
- Use hands on a regular basis to perform experiments and handle small laboratory equipment.
- Able to lift or move up to 40 pounds in the course of daily work.
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic chemicals and reagents.
- May require approximately 5% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.