|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Staff Engineer / Engineer IV, Device Development in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Staff Engineer working on the Formulations team, you will be empowered to plan and execute optimization projects and represent the Device Development team on cross-functional project teams, and a typical day will include:
Provides theoretical/conceptual input to the design, development and execution of research assignments for a specific project or projects within the functional area. Independently plans and executes most unit operation characterization and optimization experiments within expertise and develops an awareness of unit operations in other areas. Responsible for significant or sole technical leadership within project or complex study. Prepares technology transfer documentation and regulatory documents or coordinates with team members to ensure execution. Represents line functions on GCT teams as appropriate/necessary. Proactively identifies process or study issues/challenges and proposes potential resolutions.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data cross-functionally within CMC and project teams.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Represents functional area on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team Supports local and global initiatives which may include leading initiatives or work streams
- Serves as a technical resource in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Independently designs and executes experiments, and reports results
- Assists with development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 6+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Degree in Mechanical, biomedical or Industrial Engineering preferred; Familiarity with Combination Product Development, Design Control and Quality Risk Management requirements and documentation; Experience on cross functional teams developing biologic/device combination products such as pre-filled syringe, autoinjectors preferred
- Lab Experience such as force testing, optical system measurement,3D scanning/3D printing
- Previous experience with the use of contract facilities
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems, and determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well in highly cross functional team environment and across global line functions.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support authorship of internal technical documents
- Organization Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Ability to manage one s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal and external resources (vendors)
- External Involvement Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events
- Technical - Subject matter expertise and knowledge of applicable lab equipment and operations
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.