|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Scientist II, Assay Development Technical Expert, iPartnership, CNS Research in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist II working on the CNS Research team, you will be empowered to assess and identify the risks and their mitigation for potential collaborations and troubleshoot and support existing external partners, and a typical day will include:
The Assay Development Technical Expert acts as the central assessment and technical feasibility scientific expert for the iPartnership group. In a rapidly changing early discovery environment moving more and more into virtualized business models, assay quality, development capability and speed to resolve problems is a key risk for the business model. The Assay Development Technical Expert is responsible for the assessment, identification of risks and their mitigation for potential collaborations, and is responsible for troubleshooting and supporting existing or established external partners when there are difficulties. Examples include assay development for HTS, primary pharmacology for SAR, and lower throughput assays in ex vivo tissue, or multi-electrode arrays. Assay biology could be well established for example in ion channels or relatively unique assays in emerging CNS biology. The iPartnership team employs enterprise thinking in a virtualized drug discovery business model to establish partnerships with external partners in academia, CROs and biotech to prosecute innovative drug discovery projects that are aimed at transforming the quality of life of patients suffering from central nervous system disorders such as neuropsychiatric or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Supports technical assessment and provides input into risk mitigation strategy during ideation, assessment and diligence of potential academic and early biotech discovery research collaborations within the iPartnership group or in conjunction with iPartnership internal partners in CEI, the CNS DDU, or other groups
- Supports active collaborations with ongoing technical assessment of ongoing assay development or high throughput screening and, where needed, with focused engagements to advise, improve and enable collaborations which may from time to time experience technical difficulties in the quality of critical assays. This may in some instances include laboratory work at the partner site or in Takeda.
- Supports active collaborations at Lead Generation or Lead Optimization stage, where ideation of secondary pharmacology assays or prioritization from a panel of potential secondary pharmacology assays is necessary; provides technical assessment and if needed, focused engagement with the partner to advise, improve and enable the assays. This may in some instances include laboratory work at the partner site or in Takeda.
- Supports assay transfer from academic laboratories into Takeda or CROs
- Supports the CDA, MTA and purchase order administration within the iPartnership group, which ideally includes the ability and qualifications for personally overseeing the review and execution copy drafting of CDAs and MTAs.
- Provides ongoing landscaping and review from the literature of promising and high potential assay and screening systems within emerging areas of strategic interest in CNS biology
- Participates in initiatives and best practices to ensure an open and free scientific culture that is rich in diversity.
- Collaborates with internal partners to ensure compliance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Well informed in all areas of pharmaceutical research related assay development, including establishment of primary and secondary in vitro pharmacology assays for chemical structure activity relationships, and HTS
- Track record of accomplishment in research as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions and/or products and clinical candidates
- Track record of delivering in the context of complex cross-functional collaborations
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple diverse work streams of highly complex in vitro pharmacology assay development
- Demonstrated ability to work with potential future external partners and in external partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation and organization of data for efficient presentation to any internal or external senior audience or partner
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling and reaching for 25 lb. objects
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required, possibly once yearly
- Requires approximately 5% or more travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.