|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Scientific Fellow - Fermentation Development in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Scientific Fellow - Fermentation Development working on the Biologics and New Modalities Development team, you will be empowered to develop manufacturing platforms & processes for novel proteins that will be transformative to patients and work with cross-functional teams to move these therapies into the clinic and beyond, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the establishment of non-mammalian expression and fermentation capabilities for the production of novel (non-mAb/non-Fc) proteins of therapeutic interest. Specific objectives in this area include 1) evaluating and implementing bacterial or other non-mammalian based expression platforms and 2) optimizing fermentation conditions as a means of improving expression levels or reducing COGs to commercially-viable levels.
- Lead the establishment of internal lab capabilities to support these areas, including identifying and implementing critical technology platforms and equipment
- Serve as a technical liason with external collaborators in the field, providing expression or fermentation development expertise or support as needed around their assets or technology platforms
- Assist in the management of Contact Development and Manufacturing Organizations used to advance protein therapeutics into the clinic
- Represent Pharmaceutical Sciences and work effectively with cross-functional teams including Discovery, Clinical, Toxicology, etc. in developing integrated strategies to accelerate the clinical development and commercialization of protein candidates
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 15+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 13+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in the expression of non-Fc proteins, including enzymes or other novel scaffolds via bacterial, yeast or other non-mammalian platforms
- Broad knowledge of fermentation optimization strategies, including the optimization of media and physicochemical parameters and DOE
- Hands-on familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques for recombinant protein expression and the operation of benchtop stirred-tank bioreactors (of varying scales)
- Extensive experience in CMC pharmaceutical development for active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products under cGMP s
- Significant technical and strategic leadership and accomplishments
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment with accountability for informing departmental or functional strategy.
- Experience leading functional regulatory strategy
- May require approximately 15-20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.