|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Cell Culture Process Development Engineer III in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Cell Culture Process Development Engineer III working on the Upstream Development team, you will be empowered to develop robust cell culture processes and interact with a variety of teams to achieve your goals, and a typical day will include:
The Engineer III will work primarily with scientists/senior research associates or engineers in the Cell Culture Process Development team to design and optimize consistent cell culture processes that produce quality recombinant proteins through laboratory studies. Additionally, as a fundamental component related to cell culture process design, the cell culture group will also ensure that these processes are predicable, scalable, and controlled.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Biologics - Cell Culture Process Development:
- Must have experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Must have experience with laboratory scale bioreactor operation and other instrumentation that supports cell culture, such metabolite analyzers, shake flasks and cell culture plates
- Experience with using automation preferred
- Experience with design on experiment (DOE) preferred
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting or Masters degree plus appropriate laboratory training
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills -Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- Teamwork -- Ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication Skills - Expresses one s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- Organization Exercises good time management skills
- Technical - Proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.