Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Computational Biologist, Discovery Toxicologyin our Cambridgeoffice.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Computational Biologistworking on the Toxicologyteam, you will be empowered to develop and apply bioinformatics tools to analyze complex toxicology datasetsand work collaboratively on computational projects across multiple disciplinary areas. A typical day will include:
- As part of the Global Discovery Toxicology Team work in interdisciplinary teams within and across Global Safety to provide safety support to early discovery teams and engage in core activities within the Discovery Toxicology group
- Work as part of a team of safety assessment scientists and more broadly DMPK, pathology, pharmacology, and medicinal chemistry experts to implement discovery toxicology strategy to enable the selection and progression of optimized drug candidates
- Apply novel toxicity mechanism-based assays and integrated models to support early target safety and chemistry evaluation
- Integrate into early discovery project teams, assist in the identification of on- and off-target pharmacology risks and identify de-risking strategies
- Develop and apply bioinformatic tools to assist in the curation, analysis and visualization of large-scale, complex toxicological datasets from multiple sources
- Work collaboratively on computational projects across multiple disciplinary areas, including DMPK, medicinal chemistry, drug safety and pharmacology
- Design new computational biology tools and applications that are relevant to the design of drugs with the safest pharmacological profile
- Drive the improvement of early risk assessment strategies through the identification of toxicological pathways that are applicable across all therapeutic areas
- Develop and maintain global platforms that integrate internal and external bioinformatic tools and models
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Minimum of MS with 8 years of pharmaceutical experience or PhD in a scientific discipline with 3 years postdoctoral experience and/or 5+ years of experience working at a pharmaceutical company
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Broad scientific knowledge including pharmacology, toxicology, pathology, physiology and biochemistry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 10%, both domestic and international possible
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.