Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior / Medical Information and Review Managerin ourDeerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As aSenior / Medical Information and Review Manager working on the Medical Communications Team, a typical day will include:
- Delivering high-quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding specific product(s), upon the request of internal and external business partners, health care professionals (HCPs) and consumers
- Managing Medical Information activities for specific product(s) to include development of standard written and verbal responses, including Clinical Dossiers, Letters and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and periodic review of inquiries and responses
- Providing medical information / clinical expertise for assigned product(s) to internal (Medical Affairs strategy teams, Therapeutic Area Units within R&D, commercial Brand teams) and external stakeholders such as healthcare professionals, patients and advocacy groups
- Providing medical and scientific review of:
oPromotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications to support the promotional review process,
oMedical and scientific slides housed in the Medical Affairs slide repository
oOther pertinent document(s) and publications in the therapeutic areas as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and provide high quality medical and scientific information, including Standard and Custom Response Letters, Clinical Dossiers, and FAQs to both internal and external customers.
- Grant formal approval via signature authority for the cross-functional promotional review activities including: 1) providing strategic scientific consults on brand messages, 2) reviewing promotional materials for content and accuracy, 3) coordinate the development and review and approval of clinical data on file to support promotional claims
- Formulate medical responses and recommendations (including errata) as requested by scientific journals and organizations.
- Direct and coach the Medical Information Contact Center staff on handling of routine cases; monitor and manage complex escalated cases from the Medical Information Contact Center.
- Support product booths at professional scientific meetings and train commercial colleagues about information request procedures and issues at sales meetings to assure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts strategic assessment (gap analysis) of medical information needs within the therapeutic area and develops fulfillment strategies. Enhance medical and product knowledge within the broader organization by disseminating actionable medical insights on a consistent basis.
- Develop and delivers programs for ongoing training of departmental colleagues, Contact Center personnel, sales groups and support of Scientific Associate Directors / Scientific Directors and respective Medical Team(s).
- Serve as Medical Information representative at USMO Medical Unit Team meetings.
- Coordinate with medical affairs colleagues, vendor and outsource provider to develop content to be disseminated via multiple communication channels (internal, MICC, MedConnect).
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- 1-2 years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree.
- Possesses good communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the drug development process including key phases, processes, and techniques utilized for both pre- and post-marketing research studies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Therapeutic area experience.
- Clinical, research, or teaching experience.
- Board Certification in therapeutic area of interest.
- Completion of pharmaceutical industry related residency or fellowship
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
Overnight travel (10-20%), including some weekend commitments.
Travel may vary depending on therapeutic responsibilities.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.