|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, R&D Project Management Office in our Cambridge office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, R&D PMO working on the R&D Project Management team, you will be empowered to
develop best practices, collaborate and influence, and work across the entire R&D portfolio and pipeline, and a typical day will include:
The Director, R&D PMO is responsible for driving areas critical for achieving Project Management (PM) Excellence. This includes providing the vision and strategy associated with defining and implementing global R&D project management standards, methodology, and systems across Takeda R&D. This position will also be responsible for developing, maintaining and advancing a vision and strategy for information/knowledge management across R&D to support cross-divisional budgeting, resourcing (FTE), financial management and portfolio-level decision making. This will include the definition of strategic information/data collection priorities and best practices with respect to maintaining a Single Source of Truth (SSoT). This position will direct PMO staff and will provide organizational development, communications and project management expertise for key cross-functional Takeda-wide initiatives.
- Serves as the strategic subject matter expert in the areas of R&D project management skills and systems, project budgeting processes, and global R&D project consolidation.
- Utilizes appropriate vehicles (surveys, stakeholder engagement) to define cross-R&D PM training needs and develops or acquires effective training programs consistent with such needs assessments.
- Ensures linkage and consistent application project management methodologies, process and tools across Takeda R&D. Monitors implementation of PMO systems and tools; addresses issues and develops associated training/re-training plans.
- Responsible for the strategy and development of R&D Dashboards and Reports targeting multiple key R&D performance indicators (KPIs) as well as cross-functional, cross-divisional project information and progress/status. These reports are utilized to support Portfolio Review Committee (PRC) (Takeda governance) operations and decision making including project prioritization, funding decisions, goal reconciliation, etc.
- Leads cross-divisional R&D analytics and provides the critical information to support Executive decision making (associated with annual financial plans, resource allocations, etc.) and portfolio planning (contents of development portfolio, confirmation of project critical path, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring systems and tools leverage the latest technology and comply with all regulatory and financial requirements.
- Leads the strategic definition, creation, documentation and maintenance of project management information systems and develops and promotes the use of PMO best practices globally. Leads global cross-functional committees to gather business and user requirements. Ensures that final systems incorporate input from all subject matter experts, follows sound project management methodology, and meet the needs of global stakeholders.
- Collaborates with global colleagues (including Data Sciences Institute and IT) to implement systems across R&D. Customizes systems to account for regional differences (regulatory requirements, infrastructure limitations, local languages, etc).
- Serves as IT Business Owner for global project management and portfolio-level information systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor s Degree science or business-related field required
- Advanced degree in health, business or IT services preferred
- Previous experience leading a global team within a matrix environment preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in pharmaceutical Project Management with minimum 6 years of global project management experience.
- Desirable for IT related roles: Minimum 6 years experience in IT or R&D Operations including experience with clinical trial, financial reporting, and/or project management systems and processes.
- Demonstrated, thorough understanding of the drug development process
- Previous experience working in a global organization
- Successful cross-functional team leadership experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of project management skills and methods; PMP desirable
- Proven leadership skills and strategic problem-solving ability; ability to predict issues and identify solutions
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing matrix teams, influencing outcomes and key project decisions
- Ability to articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functionally
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Requires the flexibility and tolerance to best manage change and differing opinions with diplomacy and competence.
- Strong communications and presentation skills written and verbal; adept at creating and delivering presentations with appropriate messaging and focused recommendations. Comfortable in training related situations
- Excellent organizational skills: Proactive, management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Negotiation and strong persuasive abilities, diplomacy and positive influencing abilities
- For IT related roles: Oracle DB, SQL Server Database, Project Server, Microsoft Project Professional, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- May work on the computer for several hours at a time
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 10 % travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.