Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000
professionals working together across more than 70 countries. We have an
unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we
live our values of Takeda-ism Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and
Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading
innovation in medicine.
Are you looking for
a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so,
be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director of Global Business Development,
Finance and Operations in our Cambridge,
MA office. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to
our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate
Director of Global Business Development, Finance and Operations working
on the Global Business, Finance and Operations team, you will be empowered to serve as an advisor and provide valuation and deal support to the
organization. A typical day will include:
- Responsibility for improving financial
controls related to Global Business Development (GBD) activities, transactions
- Working with VP Finance & Operations,
GBD transaction leads, CEI, Global Finance, Tax, Treasury and Accounting to
ensure proper execution, closing, monitoring and transition of BD transactions,
including governance body approvals.
- Providing Strategic Project support for VP
Finance and Operations and SVP GBD related to transactions reinforcing our core
TA growth drivers and corporate objectives, including establishing and tracking
- Valuation and Deal support on an ad hoc
basis to supplement business analytics team.
- Review and creation of valuation models,
provide assistance to financial advisor oversight, provide exert guidance on
financial / accounting implications, and provide PRC / BRC input as
- Actively maximize GBD & GLM efforts and
contribute to resolution of business issues working with staff from Takeda
functions (GLM, Global Finance, Legal and Supply Chain, etc) as well as staff
from Licensee partners, as needed.
- Work with VP of Finance and Operations on
continual improvement processes to ensure Takeda is making informed decisions
on transaction / investment risk and reward trade-offs.
- Lead the development of financial plans and
operating budgets, including MRP and MYC.
Develop strategy, structure and guidance for submissions and coordinate
with Global Finance Controller that manages budget systems and tracking. Manage
review process with senior management and Corporate Finance.
- Meet with GBD Executives on a monthly basis to
review strategies and initiatives supported by budgets. Develop working
knowledge of activities for each functional area in order to design and
implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational
- KPI s: help coordinate and develop the annual
goals into KPIs and track their progress towards achievement
- Manage allocation of funds between Global and
- Operations: Implement process improvements
for transaction tracking, deal management, expert vendor/advisor selection,
including engagement fee payments.
- Assist with development of GBD strategy for
transaction prioritization, including presentation support for Executive
- Support the financial modeling efforts for
the global business development group through the development and
implementation of principles used in the construction and analysis of valuation
models and associated presentations for all transactions within the scope of
GBD s responsibilities.
- Work closely with other functional areas to test
and refine their inputs to the valuation model, including both commercial and
- Assist transaction leads in the development of
deal terms and structures.
- Serve as finance advisor for GLM business division
- Manage development of financial plan, LBEs, and
monthly reports for GLM business. Work
with colleagues in GLM as well as Global Finance to develop appropriate
projections of revenue & royalty forecasts for each Takeda licensee.
- Develop forecasting requirements for production
planning and perform variance analysis against previous submission to GLM team.
- Develop financial models and analytical tools to
support function objectives and projects.
Drive strategic decisions through use of financial metrics (NPV
analysis, ROI modeling, etc.).
- Provide critical thought that may help drive
strategic decisions and make recommendations to Sr. Management.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance or Accounting,
- 6 years of work experience, with at least 5
years of relevant business experience including business investment analysis
modeling skills (NPV, ROI, etc.).
- 4 years of healthcare industry experience:
biotech / pharma clinical & commercial understanding
- Knowledge of applicable accounting
standards (GAAP/IFRS) and familiarity with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
- Financial planning/reporting systems
experience (e.g. SAP, TM1).
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft
Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated business investment analysis
modeling skills (NPV, ROI).
- Periodic domestic and international travel
will be required.
TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company
match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness
programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for
vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach
Our People to Shine
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected
veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in
accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.