|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Scientist - DMPK in our San Diego office.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Scientist working on the DMPK team, you will be empowered to develop and lead strategy for DMPK and effectively lead programs across several therapeutic areas of Gastroenterology, Immunology, and CNS.
- Serves as a functional leader and is
responsible for overseeing and managing research activities within the DMPK
department and for the development and mentoring of the DMPK team members.
Develops and integrates the DMPK strategy to maximize value of Takeda
California (TCAL) drug discovery programs. Ensures selection and utilization of
appropriate in vitro, in vivo, or in silico methods and models to address
absorption, metabolism and pharmacokinetic-related DMPK issues. Additionally,
establishes PK/PD/E models in support of lead programs across several
therapeutic areas, including: GI, Immunology and CNS. May serve as co-project
leader for drug discovery programs and may serve on global working groups.
- Provides strategic and hands-on leadership relating to DMPK
(including PK and in vitro ADME), to address absorption, metabolism and
pharmacokinetic issues for small molecules and biologics
- Independently conducts PK and PK/PD analysis during late stage
lead optimization through early pre-clinical development, and collaborates in
PK/PD and efficacy study design to support clinical dose setting
- Is responsible for ensuring strong alignment and interfaces with
DMPK groups across US affiliates and Japan Discovery and Development.
- Provides leadership to enable project teams to make maximally
informative decisions regarding selection and stage up of discovery compounds
for pre-clinical development in ,
Immunology and CNS
- Collaborates with safety assessment group on study design,
provides toxicokinetic data analysis and interpretation, and ensures strong
alignment with Takeda development partners (Millennium, Japan, TPUS).
- Formulates and executes research goals; recommends, designs,
and/or executes experiments, utilizing a wide variety of scientific principles
and novel methods to solve challenging scientific problems across multiple projects.
- May serve as co-leader on TCAL cross-functional drug discovery
programs as required.
- Manages other PhDs and/or Research Associates; typically a
combination of direct and indirect reports; provides mentoring career
development to scientific staff.
- Protects TCALs intellectual property and grows its external
presence through an ongoing commitment to the production of high quality
patents, presentations, and publications.
- Scientific strategic thinking; decisions will result in critical
effect on the Company's long-term success.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Pharmaceutical
Sciences/Chemistry/Biochemistry or related coursework and 4-8+ years
of relevant experience, or MS/MA with 14-18+ or BS/BA with 16-20+
years experience. Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Deep expertise in DMPK of both small
molecules and biologics, knowledge in PK/PD/E modeling and application to
clinical dose setting and predicting human efficacious dose.
- Experience in serving on project teams
in early discovery is critical. Managing the ADME and PK screening paradigm in
early lead optimization, as well as early phase 1 design and human PK
predictions are minimum requirements.
- Clear track record of accomplishment
(e.g. publications, patents, presentations) including evidence of leadership in
managing DMPK core activities one or more internally discovered compounds into
preclinical and/or clinical development.
- Recognized in the field of DMPK by
both the pharmaceutical industry and the academic community.
- Excellent oral and written
communication skills and an ability to interact and conduct strategic planning
with colleagues in other scientific disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of the overall drug
discovery process and demonstrated ability to successfully direct efforts on
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Software proficiency in Phoenix and/or
Watson, GastroPlus is desired
- Experience in compiling and writing
IND modules is desired
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard
laboratory and office equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting.
- May travel to various domestic conferences or
client sites, including overnight trips
- Some international travel may be required
- Requires a minimum of 2% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.