Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a AD/Director, Global Outcomes Research (GI) in our Boston office.
This position functions within Takeda s Global Outcomes Research (GOR) team, which contributes to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative therapies. As a member of the GOR team, this person will engage in global outcomes research studies that identify clinical, economic, and patient-centered unmet needs, as well as the comparative clinical, economic, and patient-centered value that Takeda s medicines provide in addressing those needs. As Takeda is especially interested in developing its gastrointestinal (GI) therapeutic area, the purpose of this position is to provide global outcomes research support for this therapeutic area. Key position objectives are:
- To provide outcomes research support and consultative expertise for Takeda GI products from early development through launch and commercialization across the product lifecycle.
- To collaborate and align internally with other Takeda teams within a multi-disciplinary framework to meet product needs.
- To contribute to the development and execution of plans to elucidate unmet clinical, economic and patient-centered needs and product value.
- To design, execute and communicate results of appropriate tactical activities supporting those plans.
- To communicate findings from these outcomes studies to relevant internal and external audiences as effectively as possible.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to develop and execute successful outcomes and epidemiology research strategies for one or more therapies in an assigned therapeutic area.
- Design, implement and communicate results of outcomes and epidemiology research studies that help achieve product-specific objectives.
- Represent the outcomes and epidemiology research function on corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization.
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder colleagues to ensure priorities and strategies are aligned.
- Perform, as appropriate, relevant research activities which may include, but not be limited to:
- Targeted or comprehensive systematic literature reviews;
- Design, execution, and analysis in whole or in part of longitudinal prospective observational or randomized clinical trials evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers/health technology assessment authorities;
- Clinical-economic models and assessments exploring burden of illness and/or comparative effectiveness.
- Development and validation of PRO and HRQoL instruments.
- Prepare and/or review outcomes and epidemiology research protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs),and reports.
- Prepare, review, and publish scientific reports reflecting ongoing or completed work.
- Communicate findings from outcomes and epidemiology studies to relevant internal and external audiences, which may include regulators, health care providers/practitioners, HTA authorities/payers, patients and others.
- Ensure findings are communicated effectively, and as appropriate in conference presentations, publications, dossiers and other means.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in outcomes research in the GI therapeutic area. Demonstrated experience in GI-related observational studies is highly desirable.
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in outcomes research and epidemiology is required. This may be consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, economics, statistics or decision sciences, plus five years practical experience
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus five years practical experience
- Masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus eight years practical experience.
- Practical experience (number of years as noted above) in performing outcomes research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution or governmental agency, is required.
- Experience should include the conduct of outcomes research studies, and the communication of study findings to internal and external audiences.
- Familiarity with the role and importance of epidemiology and outcomes research in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one area of outcomes research (such as, but not limited to, retrospective or prospective observational studies, patient-reported outcomes/health-related quality of life assessment, clinical-economic modeling and analysis, literature synthesis/meta-analysis) is highly desireable.
- Knowledge of health economics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting statistical analysis is useful.
- Experience in conducting outcomes research in different geographic regions is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a multicultural and cross functional team environment is expected.
- Broad experience in collaborating with research partners and in managing multiple tasks and complex projects is very desirable.
- Ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- Record of high-quality, peer-reviewed outcomes research publications is preferred.
- Takeda is a global company with corporate headquarters in Japan and global drug development activities run from a small number of sites,
including Cambridge MA.
- Travel to meetings (sometimes requiring overnight stays) involving Takeda colleagues, research partners, and/or external stakeholders is a requirement of the position.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Time commitment expected for travel is approximately 10 - 25 %.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.