Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Scientific Director in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Associate Scientific Director working on the Global Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
The Associate Scientific Director, GMA will work closely with the Scientific Director to develop and implement strategic plans for Takeda compound/s. The Associate Director will be an integral part of the Global and US Medical Affairs teams and responsible to design and implement medical launch and prelaunch strategies.
The person will provide in-house leadership to the multifunctional, matrixed Medical Affairs Team, and work collaboratively with the functions to achieve success. Depending on the compound, the AD will interface with members of the OTAU functions and provide direction from a Medical Affairs perspective. This individual interacts with and influences leadership decision-making by suggesting strategic direction and providing expert therapeutic area and clinical development input Provides clinical expertise and may interact with regulatory agencies such as the FDA and EMEA.
Success or failure directly translates to the ability of GMA to meet its corporate goals and for Takeda to have future commercial products.
- Leads Cross Portfolio alignment and coordination of KOL engagement, congress planning and research collaboration across the Medical Affairs- Clinical Development and Commercial Organization for products.
- Work with GMA Leads to develop GMA plans and strategies
- Obtain organizational endorsements of medical affairs initiatives
- Develop gap analysis for relevant post launch clinical date and design solutions to address.
- Participate in the development of IISR strategy
- Support management of IISR research by conducing protocol reviews, etc.
- Provide expertise and support to Medical Communication team to develop medical communications, publications, and training plans.
- Present disease and pipelines overviews
- Provide expertise and support for advisory boards.
- Foster research relationships with key cancer research centers globally and in US
- Lead Medical Affairs clinical research studies, including phase 4 studies, registries, meta-analyses and retrospective studies Provides scientific expertise to functional area representatives on disease state, study design, and scientific rationale in clinical studies for compounds within therapeutic area
- Interprets data from an overall scientific standpoint
- Establishes, maintains and directs interactions with key opinion leaders relevant to assigned compounds and therapeutic area. Provides leadership in meetings and negotiations with key opinion leaders, establishment of strategy for assigned compounds, and the direction of clinical scientists involved in developing documents required to outline the Company positions on research programs or regulatory applications (e.g. briefing reports), materials used for meeting presentations, and formal responses to communications received from the regulatory organizations or opinion leaders.
- Collaboratively interacts with scientists from alliance partners.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced Degree required; PharmD, Ph.D., or MD preferred.
- 8 years of experience in clinical or pharmaceutical setting with background in Medical Affairs or Clinical Research
- Demonstrated Focus on Patients interest
- Industry Knowledge understands pharmaceutical industry regulations governing medical functions within industry activities and medical regulatory processes. Experience working in a matrixed environment a plus
- Product Knowledge understanding of the disease state (s) and the unmet medical needs in the therapeutic area (s), and the medical/therapeutic impact(s) of products; understanding of potential product applications. Experience in oncology is a must
- Leadership demonstrable ability to provide ongoing feedback and coaching to employees and to guide other leaders within the department in doing the same.
- Leadership demonstrable ability to use confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen to, influence and engage others in the accomplishment of functional goals.
- Communication ability to articulately communicate ideas and data both orally and in writing. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong sense of collaboration, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical Skills ability to analyze a wide variety of medical and scientific data including financial figures and market research data to make professional management decisions.
- Business Process Acumen - ability to apply the knowledge of Takeda s core business capabilities to help the organization meet its goals and desired outcomes.
- Strategic Approach ability to predict broad-based changes in business partner environment and translate them into functional strategies to continually meet business partner needs.
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use.
- Knowledge Management ability to document resolution to issues and or customer concerns in a manner that ensures reusability of that resolution.
Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen - ability to develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs, and market direction within the pharmaceutical industry; ability to manage and adapt to the changing dynamics of the pharmaceutical industry in the context of Takeda s business needs and objectives .
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.