Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Science Liaison covering Minnesota and Iowa.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Medical Science Liaison working on the Medical Affairs US Region - Oncology team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions and a typical day will include:
- Identifies and develops relationships with thought leaders by engaging in ongoing scientific exchange and balanced discussions of science by addressing unsolicited questions regarding Takeda s medicines.
- Fulfills unsolicited requests, coordinates and delivers scientific, pharmacoeconomic, and disease awareness information as presentations or other forms of scientific exchange to regional managed care organizations, payers, and other formulary decision makers.
- Collects medical insights and intelligence gathered from scientific exchange with thought leaders as well as payers and interprets and communicates relevant information in order to define, update, and support medical strategies.
- Identifies and facilitates investigator external research aligned with Takeda s medical strategies. Facilitates review and tracks progress of ongoing, research projects.
- Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating, and screening qualified research sites for clinical investigation.
- Provides medical booth and session coverage at scientific meetings and reports information of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Addresses unsolicited requests for medical information from health care professionals.
- Delivers scientific information in support of sales training and speaker training initiatives as requested by field management.
- Supports Takeda s speaker bureau through addressing informational needs of speaker bureau members and faculty.
- Completes all required training, activity documentation, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate should have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Two years of healthcare or related experience (managed markets, clinical practice, research or academic) following award of doctoral degree.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of the key phases, processes, and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Carrying, handling, and reaching for objects
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
- Travel may vary depending on geography.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.