Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Oncology in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Oncology working on the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
The medical director will provide medical guidance and leadership across global medical affairs activities consisting of data generation (interventional and observational studies), data analysis and interpretation, publications, medical communication, medical training and medical information. Medical director will work in a multifunctional, matrix organization with global, medical affairs functions, medical research, GMA operations, external collaborations and US medical and MSL teams, as well as with clinical development, marketing and access & reimbursement and Takeda patient advocacy team.
The medical director will be responsible for defining strategy, setting annual goals and ensuring compliant execution of global medical affairs activities, as well as excellence in standards and practices. This includes advancing external collaborations with health care practitioners, research groups, payers, patient advocacy groups as well as assuring strong collaboration on global, regional and local level across Takeda s organization.
- Develop an in-depth understating of the needs of oncology patients and demonstrate a focus on activities to meet those needs
- Provide medical and scientific expertise across broad range of global medical affairs activities including data generation (interventional and observational studies), data analysis and interpretation, publications, medical communication, medical training and medical information
- Provide strategic guidance and input into global medical affairs strategy and tactics, as well as input into clinical development program, brand team strategy and tactical plan
- Lead evidence generation strategy and execution of Phase 3B/4 studies, including interventional and observational research
- Provide medical leadership for investigator initiated studies program (IISR)
- Lead and execute global advisory board meetings and assure communication of key findings across the organization; to global clinical development, medical affairs and commercial teams
- Lead global publication strategy development and execution of publication plan
- Provide strategic and scientific guidance into internal training plan, congress plan and company sponsored symposia
- Foster research relationships with key global cancer research organizations and institutions
- Interact regularly with key medical opinion leaders
- Build long term cross functional relationships with global functions, GBTs , clinical development, regional functions and Local Operating Country (LOC)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated focus on patients interest.
- Board certified/board eligible medical doctor (MD) with a minimum of five years in a clinical or pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience in hematology and/or oncology.
- Requires experience and success in working in a matrix, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing technology environment
- Strong interpersonal skills particularly motivational, negotiation, listening, judgment, analytic, and conflict management skills, demonstrated by ability to lead teams.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.