Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director Materials and Innovation in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director in the Material and Innovation group, you will be empowered to create new therapeutic concepts based on material science and to establish and manage operational processes within the animal testing function. A typical day will include:
- Supervising and guiding the development of practical medical devices with external collaborators and other members of Materials and Innovation.
- Overseeing the creative design and practical implementation of medical devices in preclinical models.
- Contributing to the scientific evaluation of external technologies related to biomedical implants.
In this role you will use your technical expertise to contribute across multiple projects. You will establish and manage operational processes related to biology within the Material and Innovation function. You will contribute to wider cross-functional/cross divisional strategy and drives initiatives to completion and lead strategic guidance across projects that involve extraordinary, well-considered risks.
- Supervise and guide the development of practical medical devices with other members if Materials and Innovation.
- Responsible for the creative design and practical implementation of medical devices in preclinical models.
- Knowledge of immunological, physiological, and imaging read-outs regarding animal health and device function.
- Knowledge of in vitro testing procedures and assays related to medical device output in a physiological setting.
- Responsible for directing collaborative research efforts between external partners engaged with Takeda for biomaterial implant development
- Responsible for contributing to the scientific evaluation of outside technologies and related to biomedical implants.
- Represent Takeda to outside communities, and communicate outside findings and developments to members within Pharmaceutical Science.
- Supervise and teach employees animal surgery and post-op care techniques.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in biology, pharmacy, engineering, Vet or MD, or related pharmaceutical science
- Experience managing a biology group that creates materials and devices geared for implantation and testing in animals.
- Experience managing an animal testing lab.
- Experience with device design specs that fit disease need in biology.
- Ideal candidates will have worked in medical device industry and taken material devices from concept to clinic.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.