|Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Publicationsin ourCambridge, Massachusettsoffice.|
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As aSenior Manager, Publicationsworking on the Oncology Global Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include:
Senior Manager, Publicationsis responsible for publication development for programs that are in phase 1 or higher. This position requires a strong scientific and analytical background, preferably in life sciences and strong project management skills. The person in this job is expected to perform well in a matrix environment.
The primary role of the Publications Manager is to support the development and execution of Takeda Oncology publications for pipeline or commercial products. The Publications manager will lead the publications planning team, contribute to the development of publications, and be responsible for driving the publications process and ensuring compliance with global standards, and ensuring accuracy of publications.
As part of the responsibilities for publications the Publications Manager will work with cross functional stakeholders including members of R&D, Translational Medicine, and Outcomes Research to plan and execute publications. The Publications Manager will also be responsible for managing the medical writing agency and for ensuring the quality of Takeda Oncology publications.
The Publications Manager is also responsible for understanding the disease landscape and competition for the compounds they work with. They will work with the Competitive Intelligence group and Medical Affairs Medical Communications colleagues to analyze congress abstracts and presentations a role that will require the Publications Manager to be a subject matter expert.
- Publication management early and late phase projects
- Work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to develop, manage, and execute strategic publication plans
- Lead cross-functional publication planning team meetings
- Write, edit, and review publications including, but not limited to, manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations
- Build and manage relationships with internal authors and stakeholders, and external authors
- Maintain knowledge of agent disease state, including landscape and competition
- Manage medical writing agency
- Ensure the scientific integrity, quality, and accuracy of all deliverables
- Commitment to ethical practices in the preparation and dissemination of publications, including conference materials
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Input into the process development and refinement
- Lead journal club
- Congress activity
- Individual congress task force leadership
- Individual congress task force participation
- Presentation and Writing Proficiency
- Excellent ability to interpret and present scientific and clinical trial data to a variety of audiences, along with a strong understanding of statistics
- Excellent writing skills coupled with a comprehensive knowledge of the publication process and publication guidelines, along with careful attention to detail
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree (PhD) in a scientific discipline or equivalent
- 2+ years research, healthcare or related experience
- 2+ years of experience with the development and execution of global medical publications strategy, including medical writing experience, as part of a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical industry experience in Medical Affairs is essential
- Oncology experience strongly preferred excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated results in medical communications functions, which may include publications, medical information and/or training.
- Understating of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management
- Working experience in cross-functional team within the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Strategic Approach: Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment
- Collaboration: Ability to cultivate a broad network of relationships throughout the organization, connecting global, regional and local organizations. Requires experience and success in working in a matrix, cross-functional environment; excellent collaboration skills; experience working across functions to achieve results
- Engage Others: Ability to create a clear and unifying vision inspiring teams to excel
- Drive for Results: Creates functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with company objectives and develops metrics to track and assess performance
- Creativity and innovation: Ability to contribute to data analytics and publications planning, including ideas for sub-analyses
- Compliance and regulatory: Excellent understanding of regulatory, compliance and legal requirements
- Technical skills: Advanced PC skills, including Datavision, MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and SharePoint
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Company match of charitable contributions
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.